Currently reading:
New EICR - editable PDF certs

Discuss New EICR - editable PDF certs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I still can't save the completed form - in the corrected versions by Mark...........I could save the ones with the errors in......any suggestions??
I'm running Windows 7 with latest adobe. Thanks

I use these as well, just click save as

Make sure your not usinga trail version of Adobe as the trial wont let you save.

Other option is print using DoPDF 7, that will save a PDF copy of it and DoPDF is free.

Hi Mark (and Steve)

Firstly, what heroes you both are! Thanks for sharing your hard work with everyone on here.

However, I, like saggers and WayneL, have the "save" option disabled on the updated forms, but not the originals. Apart from the Special Locations form, that is... Is it because I'm only using Acrobat Reader X, not the full software? Strange that it worked OK with Steve's originals?

I can't believe no-one else has also spotted that some of the drop-down boxes don't have their full complement of options. Specifically, on the Luminaires and Special Locations sheets, below the first line it's impossible to choose a "tick". As a work-around I leave them blank, and manually tick them with a good old-fashioned pen on the client's copy, but it would be nice if this bug could be fixed.

Hope that helps to improve an otherwise superb effort.

Cheers!

Hi Mark (and Steve)

Firstly, what heroes you both are! Thanks for sharing your hard work with everyone on here.

However, I, like saggers and WayneL, have the "save" option disabled on the updated forms, but not the originals. Apart from the Special Locations form, that is... Is it because I'm only using Acrobat Reader X, not the full software? Strange that it worked OK with Steve's originals?
The only way I can save these as a non-editable PDF is to save as postscript.

I can't believe no-one else has also spotted that some of the drop-down boxes don't have their full complement of options. Specifically, on the Luminaires and Special Locations sheets, below the first line it's impossible to choose a "tick". As a work-around I leave them blank, and manually tick them with a good old-fashioned pen on the client's copy, but it would be nice if this bug could be fixed.
All seems to be okay for me.
Hope that helps to improve an otherwise superb effort.

Cheers!

Other than a spell check, added confirmation of supply polarity and an amendment to a reg update, I have done no other changes to anything including security settings.

alright guys, great post, am struggling a little with getting my logo in.
am running mac with adobe and javascript enabled, however its not letting me do anything to the logo i click on it and nothing happened??
any help would be great.
Cheers guys!!
Danny

I followed Nicholas Owen's suggestion of using DoPDF - works a treat. Complete the form, "print" it as a PDF and send the client the output. The only glitch was that by installing DoPDF, my Adobe Reader X threw a hissy fit. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and now it works a treat.

Still can't get Mark's de-typo'd versions to work properly though, but my clients probably wouldn't notice the errors anyway, so I'm still using Steve's originals.

continuation observation, multible boards, special location, single board. are the only ones i can save with adobe 9 (that work).

doesn't sound very 'civil' to me... personally I think this is a damned fine and useful thread, and a great example of why a forum is so powerful at sharing useful information.

If someone that is incompetent is doing testing, then .... well, they are doing it.

It ain't got 'owt to do with this thread !

Very strange.

I agree with Spartykus, you wont stop people doing testing when they are incompetent, and there is some 'qualified' people out there that seem to be incompetent too (or maybe they are just lazy when it comes to doing all the test (IR in particular)), but you can buy all this on ebay for a couple of quid, but what you dont get on ebay is the knowledge base you get here! Least people are likely to ask the right questions to the right people here, and why should the competent ones miss out on having these available to us, or have to pay in excess of £90!? Dont us qualified decent sparks pay enough already!!??

You cant hold everyones hand all the time. if people are that silly to test incompetently then that is their chioce, same as a drink driver, you cant take the drink away from all of us just because a few will get in a car after and drive, their choice and if they do muck up and get caught then they have to take the wrap for it.

Excellent forms by the way, know you guys have worked extremely hard on them so thank you very much for all your efforts.

Reply to New EICR - editable PDF certs in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock