Search the forum,

Discuss plumbers vs sparks rates in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

300 a day rewire? Don't clients ask for a fixed cost in advance?

I would charge all in £1800 (certs, materials) for a two bed terrace.

1 week first fit and 2-3 days for second

Guys problem is most domestic customers don't give a f about their electrics whereas that new kitchen or bathroom is a different story.

Plus when a pipe leaks its obvious sh.. Down the wall. The customer wants it fixed.

I try to stay clear of domestics for this very reason. I've spent far too much time charging far to little to work in some ones house far too late, to try and be a nice guy. At the end of the day the bitter truth is I didn't spend all those years training, and investing in tools and knowledge to become and electrical charity. I put a price in to make it worth doing, if they think its too high they are more than welcome to go elsewhere. Infact I've even suggested that once or twice...

As I've said before, I never discuss hourly rate or material cost with the customer. A It's got very little to do with them B They usually aren't interested in anything other than the total C We're all rip off merchants to them anyway because the guy at the pub will do it for £5 and a bacon sarnie.

Reply to plumbers vs sparks rates in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back