Discuss Are company's sparks rates to low. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have been looking at some companies
On like indeed looking at hiring sparks.
Some per hour between £15-18.50.
Some of us sparks jump through hoops
to get where we are, I know the Jib rate for sparks, but to be honest OK you giving some sparks a job, but really.
I think they are under cutting what they should charge.

When you look at the rates for skilled workers is it any surprise there is a skills shortage as the trades appear to have little or no value placed on them
Back in 2006 the JIB £12.50/hr the JIB rate for 2024 is £19.41/hr and gone are the days when you could turn up with a few hand tools and do the job
The reality is being a cards in tradesman these days with the cost of tools etc means you probably end up with less than the minimum wage

Can't see those rates being too realistic. Wages are considerably lower here than in much of GB and there's not a chance you'd get anyone on site at those rates.

Most company's that are hiring are asking 2391 or equivalent or design.
But they don't want to make it worthwhile having the qualification
Don't companys think the cost for the right person and pay more.
The problem is that companies haven't realised that the skills pool is shrinking or more money can be earned outside the industry with far less responsibility and no pressure to meet ridiculous EICR targets where if the **** hits the fan you will be left on your own as the bosses hang you out to face the consequences of their greed

When you look at the pay / salaries offered on all of the job sites they are still at or below pre covid levels

Reply to Are company's sparks rates to low. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net