Search the forum,

Discuss The Carbon Trust..... Help required. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

roukel01

Hi Everyone

About 2 years ago, we wired a new printing factory. Ansell lighting designed a lighting layout for the main factory floor.
We basically used a load of Low Bay opti-lux daylight light fittings which used 4x55W high frequency PL-L lamps. All was good.

Anyway, we went to a breakdown today on a fault on one of the printing presses, and found another sparky taking all of these low bay fittings down and replacing them with another set of Low bay fittings but with 4x54W T5 tubes.

When we approached the director of the printing company about the lights, he replied "nothing to do with me, we've had a grant from the carbon trust to have energy efficient lighting installed"

Now am I missing something here or have they been taken for a ride?? and if so, what can I do about it?? we left the job today thinking that the director will have been told a load of bull and thinking we installed a set of crap light fittings in the first place.

As I understand it they come round and give you ways to cut your energy usage in a report .I think you get an interest free loan for what work is carried out. at 4w a fitting I think he's been shafted on that one.Experts eh?

You could contact the carbon trust and ask how this improves the carbon footprint by binning 2 year old fittings and saving a gnats fart of electricity with brand new fittings, it would be interesting to hear their reply as it sounds like the company and the carbon trust have been taken for a ride by some con men

The other option is to contact The Carbon Trust and ask how you can join this money making scam

Put a bid in for the old fittings quick and find out where else the carbon trust has been, you could pick up more bargains. Or sell the recovered fitting to the next site they visit, they say recycling is the way forward!

Take a look at the carbon trust web site, I’ve never seen so much bullsh*t and waffle!

Reply to The Carbon Trust..... Help required. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net