Currently reading:
Towel rail timer control

Discuss Towel rail timer control in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

loulew

-
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m currently doing a bathroom re-furb and i’ve installed a dual fuel heated towel rad. It’s fed via an FCU outside the room which then currently goes to a kudox controller just underneath the rad, both of which are zone 2.

The client has just asked how to use the controller and I’ve explained that he just needs to turn it on in the summer to warm the towels. But he doesn’t like having to turn it on before use and would prefer it on a timer.

My question is, does anyone know of any timed controller that can be used for towel rails, obviously needs to be ipx4 as in zone 2.

Thanks in advance for any reply’s.

It’s the setup that was in place when I got there. If the client doesn’t want to change it then what more can I do.
I think you have hit the right point there; the customer has decided the level of work they are prepared to accept and then wants more done that is not sensible with the existing limitations they have imposed.
This is what you should be telling the customer (in a nicer way!)

My towel rail comes on with the heating. When I turn the heating off for the warmer seasons the towel rail becomes a towel rack. As Midwest said "who wants warm towels" (in summer)?

That’s not a very well designed system then.
Normally you’d have the towel rails connected the the primaries so that they come on with the hot water during the summer, or connected to a separate zone with its own control.

The point is to dry the towels rather than have them sat there damp for extended periods.

So you dont even have even have local isolation for the towel rail or UFH? Its up some stairwell in another room? This setup sounds retarded dude, sorry.

I've read in some threads, where members are happy to isolate a cooker appliance, by the mcb in the CU. At least this has some form of isolation, other than a mcb.

However, as there is a supply to the UFH, there is some local connection to the cold tails, one could place a local isolator somewhere convenient?

Local isolation is an interesting point which I doubt that the 18th edition will clarify.

Did an EICR yesterday. The fridge was on a dedicated radial..... Fridge was built in, no access to socket...

My mate Graeme has a shower-room next his utility, so he sticks his towel in the tumble-drier before he has his shower, so it is nice and warm for when he comes out...sissy!
(I bet he just chucks the wet towel back in the drier too...)

Reply to Towel rail timer control in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock