Currently reading:
Trusting electricians

Discuss Trusting electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hightower

Just saw this review when I was looking at a bit of kit. So he didn't trust his electricians eicr report (someone who has likely spent thousands on training, spent his whole life learning the trade, and even longer trying to make his business work) telling him he had an earth fault, but seeing the results of his £40 tester and now he needs an electrician. .... the mind boggles.

2e02ff59f6d8952029fa1e83c976a73a.jpg

I do use this for giving an identification as to if the sockets are all connected up correctly and good connections. If a customer asks me to have a quick look at something, specially it has picked up poor connections on many occasions.
But don't reply on it, it's just good one to have in your bag.
For installation work Ect I always use my MFT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most sparks do. But to disregard the advice of a qualified tradesman over a cheap tester is barmy

Yep, he'll rather spend £40 and still have no glue what it actually means or how to resolve the issue, as said he ain't getting it fixed by an electrician, if he was that concerned he would have called the sparky before putting the review up, so obviously the review was more important lol

I do use this for giving an identification as to if the sockets are all connected up correctly and good connections. If a customer asks me to have a quick look at something, specially it has picked up poor connections on many occasions.
But don't reply on it, it's just good one to have in your bag.
For installation work Ect I always use my MFT.

I have a Martindale EZe-650 for the same as above and find it a useful guide, I particularly like the Buzzer when I've been isolating a circuit in a Consumer Unit/Dis Board thats not properly marked up.

Do you think 'as a landlord' he's going to be using this plug in indicator to be 'testing' his properties instead of 'throwing away' money on EICRs?
I envisage him calling an electrician saying he needs a new earth rod because his 'tester came up amber'.

OR ....... would you prefer Blunderland?

and S****horpe is nice at this time of the year. :53:

Last edited:
Review concludes with.

Read this a coupla times, and for the life of me I can't see a problem.
I only see an opportunity for sparks, am I being thick ?? .....again :D
The point his he had an electrician a few years ago that told him the same thing and he did nothing about it. Now he has bought his super duper tester that can highlight 17 problems, he has decided he NOW needs a spark. Basically, he's ignored the advice of a seasoned pro, but taken up the exact same advice when offered from a 40 quid tester. Not sure I can put it any simpler than this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Trusting electricians in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back