Search the forum,

Discuss Wet UFH Tripping RCD in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

So they are still on separate circuits?

How will you safely isolate one of the circuits, when it is electrically connected to another that is still energised.

That is potentially very dangerous, and further will cause you problems when your consumer unit is eventually upgraded to RCBO’s/AFDD’s.

Unless I’ve misunderstood something, your installer is clueless.

You didn’t miss understand. Apologies, I didn’t take the time to explain the solution properly. The original dedicated HW/CH supply has been moved across to the RCD side of the board and the UFH is now part of the same circuit. I really appreciate you following up on my vague post 😳

Last edited:
That has not solved the issue, you still have an incredibly dangerous situation which could lead to serious injury or damage to your heating system.

It sounds like you still have two circuits connected together via your heating controls, all of the heating controls should ideally be fed via a single switched fuses spur so that there is only one fuse protecting the whole thing.
Currently you must have two fuses protecting the heating system.
Apologies, I didn’t take the time to explain properly. The original dedicated HW/CH supply has been moved across to the RCD side of the board and the UFH is now part of the same circuit. Thanks for following up though, Much appreciated.

Apologies, I didn’t take the time to explain properly. The original dedicated HW/CH supply has been moved across to the RCD side of the board and the UFH is now part of the same circuit. Thanks for following up though, Much appreciated.

So both the UFH and the rest of the heating controls are now fed via a single fuse?
Or are the UFH and the other controls now fed from two different connections to the same circuit?

So both the UFH and the rest of the heating controls are now fed via a single fuse?
Or are the UFH and the other controls now fed from two different connections to the same circuit?
The UFH and the rest of the heating controls are now fed via a single fuse. So a 6 Amp CB on the RCD side of the consumer unit to a switched fused spur (with 3amp fuse) which supplies the heating controller and all the components within the system including those on the underfloor heating manifold.

Reply to Wet UFH Tripping RCD in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net