Currently reading:
What are you currently generating ?

Discuss What are you currently generating ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danesol

I have a Sanyo HIT240se 12panel / SB 3000 setup and currently enjoying 1.75kwp between 10.30 and 2pm generating approx 6kwh/units a day in this low sun

If you consider this good or bad, let me know if you would............

What are you getting ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Without knowing your roof pitch and azimuth and location then you can't say. Better than those with no panels!

Sounds about right. But its not what it generates on a given day its performance over time kWh/kWp.

In Essex east/west split 3.84. KWp 22.5 degree. 4.25kWh a day.

Edit 4.5kWh today

Here's my calculated Azimuth;

solarpv123.jpg

I have a Sanyo HIT240se 12panel / SB 3000 setup and currently enjoying 1.75kwp between 10.30 and 2pm generating approx 6kwh/units a day in this low sun

What are you getting ?

I have a 3Kw System - 12 25W SUntech Panels in Hemel Hempstead - West Facing - approx 40degree angle
Generated today 1.7Kwh which was failry sunny although in winter have little shading from Trees as Sun is so low which should not be shaded during the summer months.
Hope this improves over the next few months as the Sun position changes and shading is eliminated

Wish I was getting 6kwh / day in winter - that is amazing

I have a south/east south/west split, 7 x Sanyo 250 HIT on S/E and 6 x Sanyo 250 HIT on S/W

Today produced me 8.29Kw........ No bad for January...... the best day since install on 13th November.

I have a south/east south/west split, 7 x Sanyo 250 HIT on S/E and 6 x Sanyo 250 HIT on S/W

Today produced me 8.29Kw........ No bad for January...... the best day since install on 13th November.

Where approx' are you and what inverter did they use ?

Yesterday (16th Jan) seemed to be a freakishly good day for Solar PV! We generated 5.5 kWh, which beats our previous best of 3.1 kWh by quite a margin. Our system was installed on 24th November 2011 so it's not been up long.

Yesterday was the first 10kwh day for my install. 16*235w Sanyo with SolarEdge. 10 panels south, 3 east and 3 west on a 42deg pitch near Bath.

Annoyingly this install is tracking almost exactly another install I have, a 12*235w Sanyo with SolarEdge, but this is all south facing.

What I notice on my east/west panels is that with the low angle of incidence of the sun at the moment, they don't generate anywhere near the capacity of the south facing panels. It will improve dramatically as the year progresses I hope!

What are you getting ?

I took some periodic readings from mine today:

Two strings of cheap-ish Chinese panels; 8x250W + 7x250W = 3.75kW, both strings facing SouthEast, 40-degree angle, Aurora PVI-3600 inverter. Edit: located in East Anglia.

Inverter began to detect incoming power around 7.30am (hazy sunrise)

Inverter fully powered-up around 8.00am (hazy sunshine)

First kW produced by about 10am (hazy sunshine)

Second kW produced by about 10.45am (sunny)

Third kW produced by about 11.30am (hazy sunshine)

Fourth kW produced by about 1.30pm (white cloud)

Fifth kW produced by the end of the day 4.30pm (white cloud)

Inverter preparing to shut down around 4.30pm

Hope that helps

16 Sanyo N240 panels in 2 strings, all on one roof facing due south, in North Lancs.

Theia He-t 4.4 inverter.

Just had 6 good days of sunshine:

Thurs 8.9
Fri 9.4
Sat 11.1
Sun 7.2
Mon 10.8
Tues 4.9 (today)

So far what's surprised me is that cold weather and fog dont stop it producing when the sun is high, but as soon as you get bad cloud cover - youre buggered - lol

So in essence todate - nice clear cloud free cold days have been great generating days, and other cloudy days have been poo..............

Really looking forward to the better weather for not just my sake, but that of the Solar PV system now .....

im 83% to target with 14 days of the month left but it seems to have been a sunny January.14 ET panels,south facing on 30 pitch with the eversolar 4000 inverter.

blimey, i feel guilty. were facing due south at 34 degrees right on the south coast in west sussex. weve done between 0 and 10 per day through december, with up towards 10 being the average. yesterday was a very good day producing 20! weve got 16 sanyo panels

blimey, i feel guilty. were facing due south at 34 degrees right on the south coast in west sussex. weve done between 0 and 10 per day through december, with up towards 10 being the average. yesterday was a very good day producing 20! weve got 16 sanyo panels

what inverter do you have?

At this time of year, direct sun seems to be a huge factor; recently my panels can produce 1kw in half an hour when the sun is out, but if it clouds-over it takes a few hours to produce 1kw (as indicated from my earlier data).

What did you clock-up today - and what weather conditions did you have?

NE Hampshire. 20 degree slope. South Facing. 4kWp array.

9.01kWh 16th Jan
4.69kWh 17th Jan

The low slope doesn't help at this time of year. I notice two nearby systems at 40 degrees do better when there's decent direct sunlight, but mine does better on duller days (albeit much lower total output).

I took some periodic readings from mine today:

Two strings of cheap-ish Chinese panels; 8x250W + 7x250W = 3.75kW, both strings facing SouthEast, 40-degree angle, Aurora PVI-3600 inverter. Edit: located in East Anglia.

Inverter began to detect incoming power around 7.30am (hazy sunrise)

Inverter fully powered-up around 8.00am (hazy sunshine)

First kW produced by about 10am (hazy sunshine)

Second kW produced by about 10.45am (sunny)

Third kW produced by about 11.30am (hazy sunshine)

Fourth kW produced by about 1.30pm (white cloud)

Fifth kW produced by the end of the day 4.30pm (white cloud)

Inverter preparing to shut down around 4.30pm

Hope that helps

Yestderday, with reasonable sunshine I had harvested about 1kW by now.
But today, with dark clouds and some rain, I have harvested almost nothing: about 0.1kW.

edit:
Remained cloudy and on-off light rain all day. Managed just under 1kW in total today, before darkness came.

64 in December with 6th being the 1st day.78 in January up to now''.No double figures yet but 1 9 and a few 8`s.Just wondering if being up on a hill will effect much as with the sun being lower anyway.
rj44uc.jpg

Reply to What are you currently generating ? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock