Search the forum,

Discuss Where to buy? Flat fire cable! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ive looked at Aico before and think thats the way im gonna go currently viewing:

Ei161RC Ionisation Smoke Detector with Lithium Battery - £28.50 Ex VAT..

&

Ei166RC Optical Smoke Detector with Lithium Battery - £39.40 Ex VAT

also looking at this Aico carbon monoxide alarm but it does not state I can link with smokes???? Surely I can cant I?

Ei261ENRC Mains and Lithium Battery Carbon Monoxide Alarm - £48.75 Ex ..

You can use the RC168 base with almost all Aico detectors, but...........you CANNOT use the 412 remote hush switch with any other than 160 series detectors.

You CAN use the devices you mention above, and interlink them all using RC168 bases. For reliability, you are as well sticking with RC166 optical detectors (less susceptible to draughts).

The RC262 CO alarm is a radiolink CO Detector, and will interconnect using wireless to the smokes.

Thanks accordfire however it dont half bump up the price when you add the base and detector together wow, no price on safety i guess.

Thanks accordfire however it dont half bump up the price when you add the base and detector together wow, no price on safety i guess.

That's kind of the point - how much is life worth? What you pay in terms of wireless, you generally save in labour.

You could always add the CO detector at a later point - or indeed, you can achieve a similar system using hard wired detection too, at lower materials cost.

The 160 and 260 units can both be hardwired - and come with a standard base, which is interlinkable using a 3 and earth - Live, Neutral, I/C Live, and it includes a decent terminal for parking the earth too!

Good kit, and IMHO, worth the money.

Reply to Where to buy? Flat fire cable! in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back