Search the forum,

Discuss 100ma RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I have recently renewed a CU on a TT system.

100mA RCD as main switch in meter cabinet with wylex rewireables.

Therefore converted to PME, new, dual RCD CU, left 100mA in situ.

Couldnt really see the point in ripping that out and replacing with a main switch.

100mA TD upstream and all final circuits having 30mA protection then it shouldn't give trouble

SP rcbo's downstream might take out a DP rcbo as the N-E fault isn't cleared by them

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently renewed a CU on a TT system.

100mA RCD as main switch in meter cabinet with wylex rewireables.

Therefore converted to PME, new, dual RCD CU, left 100mA in situ.

Couldnt really see the point in ripping that out and replacing with a main switch.

Who did this you or the supply authority?

we used to have a dodgy TT system here at one stage( pre-rcd days)

i think the TT with all circuits 30mA protected may be safer than T-N-C-S

you'd need to confirm suitability-suppliers neutral multiple grounding and secure connnection to trafo

wouldn't be desirable to be the sole tn-c-s in a TT area either

Last edited by a moderator:
The brand is 3-IN-ONE professional, high performance lubricant.

Drives out moisture
dramatically reduces frition and wear

Isn't spraying a flammable liquid onto a area where arcing is going to be present something of a fire risk?

Better to use some teflon cycle lubricant in a pump not an aerosol.

Reply to 100ma RCD in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back