Currently reading:
22-36 vdc driver

Discuss 22-36 vdc driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Need help locating replacement LEDs for exterior wall fixtures with the driver shown. 22-36vdc.

Anyone know the best place to find some?

Looking for 6000k or above

Attachments

• B4CFB654-DA11-4FF3-969E-AA7264516BEF.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 34
That 12V wording in the body of the Amazon listing is a mistake - they have wrong information there.

The Epistar description I put in my previous post is correct, so see if you can find them.
You are spot on about the mounting. Must get the +ve and -ve round the right way!
also I suspect the metal wings are a heat sink which will get hot (but only 9 watts) so think about heat dissipation and if plastic could melt?

good luck!
Thank you for the help. Much appreciated

Thank you for the help. Much appreciated
Shoot, I just found this. Looks like it has a built in driver. So I could just wire it directly to 110. It is 4000 lumen though :) wonder what the misses would think about that much light. And neighbors. Hahaha.

Attachments

• 7F24AD8A-D100-4716-85A6-4D30C9609560.png
    513.8 KB · Views: 11
  • ED670F55-AD2D-4D35-B647-C29D6B88DBD0.png
    710.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 19070D0F-92FC-4EEF-B3E0-4B53C1257EDD.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 8
???

I’m thinking they don’t really need a fan. And, since they will be mounted up in that housing, facing downward, the brightness may not be too much of an issue. Only thing I’m not certain about is whether the heat sink listed will be enough.

Attachments

• F15D7A24-06CC-4B0E-951E-114431DC19B4.png
    564 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
???

I’m thinking they don’t really need a fan. And, since they will be mounted up in that housing, facing downward, the brightness may not be too much of an issue. Only thing I’m not certain about is whether the heat sink listed will be enough.
Well over to you.
The thermal calculations are straightforward if you have all the data.
Sorry can't give you a yes/no answer.

Just a reminder that you take responsibility for legality and safety in all its forms, with DIY modifications.

Yeah, the heat sink recommended by the seller is $23.50. So, that would be exactly what you were saying. $47 In heat sinks alone. That’s the one with the fan. If I can figure out a cheaper option to run them, I will. Otherwise, back to the drawing boards. At least I am learning a bit through this. Thanks again.

Shoot, I just found this. Looks like it has a built in driver. So I could just wire it directly to 110. It is 4000 lumen though :) wonder what the misses would think about that much light. And neighbors. Hahaha.
Why not just fit an E26 screw in bulbholder, fed directly from the incoming mains, and use one of these:

or

however I don't know what that would do regarding compliance of your outdoor fitting with the NEC or local requirements. If the enclosure is weather tight/ suitably IP rated, and needs tools to get at the bulb, might be OK?

Last edited:
Why not just fit an E26 screw in bulbholder, fed directly from the incoming mains, and use one of these:

or

however I don't know what that would do regarding compliance of your outdoor fitting with the NEC or local requirements. If the enclosure is weather tight/ suitably IP rated, and needs tools to get at the bulb, might be OK?
Last night I confirmed both existing drivers are bad. I found a video of a guy talking about the same lights and drivers going out. So, I ordered replacement drivers from led supply.com to power two of those 24v lamps in each of the fixtures. It will only be 400 lumens or so for each, but we need light out there now.

The driver is 12-48v. And 16w. Sounds like this will give me a lot more options to chose from, if we want anything brighter

Attachments

• 86B2A904-DA1B-442E-A323-D983468120E3.png
    508.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 17E06EBB-7D37-4F89-9278-DDB6F22F6D7A.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 004E72F7-4C6B-4B8A-8550-352219C4EC35.png
    317.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The driver in those pictures is a constant current driver.
The white lamps we have been talking about are 24V at a lower current.
Since post #15, all along I have been suggesting you get a 24V constant voltage supply (and wire the lamps in parallel if you're using two)
Why are you buying the wrong thing, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Reply to 22-36 vdc driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock