Currently reading:
3 phase factory lighting

Discuss 3 phase factory lighting in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

on street lighting circuits we had problems when running anymore than 6 no400w son t fittings if one went faulty it would take out the mcb rather than the fuse in the fitting due to the additional fault time req for fuse against mcb

ie 400wx1.8 /230v = 3.14a per fitting 5 per curcuit =15.6a each fused @ 10A the mcb trips taking them all out as nick says

Mogga, I've change the configuration to utilise C rated MCB's, also reduced the lights to 9 x 250w per contactor which would now be 3 pole. Thats 3 lights on a radial per pole of contactor. The 3 light radial 250wx1.8/230v=1.95a - 3 fittings per circuit=5.86A.

I take your point - you reckon I should up the whole supply?? ie 60amp feed, C30 MCB to 30A contactor to C10 MCB's to lights??

regards

MCBs are designed for protecting the circuits yes they are designed to handle inrush depending on type but the contacts arent designed to switch on that load imagin the arch when contact is made changed many MCB's due to worn contacts , Square D ,Proteus , Crabtree , Merlin gerin or MEM ,

When you add all the lights together its quite a load you could you's a 32 amp switch fuse , and just de rate the fuses , noe you have reduce the quantity of lights per contactor the 25 amp is well adiquate

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 3 phase factory lighting in the Electricians' Talk | All Countries area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock