Discuss ABB ACS880 - INPUT PHASE LOSS (FAULT 3130) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We are using ABB ACS880 for rootsblowers, when the drive is in REMOTE MODE, after running several minutes the drive will trip the equipment indicating FAULT 3130 - INPUT PHASE LOSS.

When we run it in LOCAL mode, we are having continuous operation.

We need it to be in REMOTE MODE so we can control the motor speed remotely.

What must be the problem? How to solve this? Thank you.

I would suggest 1 of 3 options here -

-Coincidence and you are actually dropping a phase supply, get the supply to the drive inspected and tested especially for loose connections that show under load, it may not even be coincidence but when in remote you may be operating the load differently because you are not trying to control it at a distance.
-The drive is faulty (seek manufacturers support).
-The software is seeing a separate conflict but by design it is misinterpreting it and flagging the wrong code (seek manufacturers support).

The drive can be programmed to ignore that fault, however, I would suggest you monitor the mains supply to ensure that you are not losing a phase or getting voltage dips when the drive hits a certain speed, you may be overloading the supply when the motor gets to a certain speed which does not happen when you run it in local at a reduced speed.

I would suggest 1 of 3 options here -

-Coincidence and you are actually dropping a phase supply, get the supply to the drive inspected and tested especially for loose connections that show under load, it may not even be coincidence but when in remote you may be operating the load differently because you are not trying to control it at a distance.
-The drive is faulty (seek manufacturers support).
-The software is seeing a separate conflict but by design it is misinterpreting it and flagging the wrong code (seek manufacturers support).
Thank you for the response...

At the moment we are running in LOCAL MODE thru the ABB ACS880, we are operating the equipment from a distance both REMOTE or LOCAL because the VFD is installed in an MCC Room. Continuous operation with same load when using remote. We are monitoring the supply hourly, it is balanced.

- We will look further for option 2 and 3.

Thank you very much.

The drive can be programmed to ignore that fault, however, I would suggest you monitor the mains supply to ensure that you are not losing a phase or getting voltage dips when the drive hits a certain speed, you may be overloading the supply when the motor gets to a certain speed which does not happen when you run it in local at a reduced speed.
Thank you for the response.

We are monitoring the main supply hourly and it's balanced. Even we are in LOCAL MODE, we are running at the same speed and same load.

Ignoring the fault would be risky, we are using the drive for a 280kW motor. But still we will check on this.

Thank you.

How are you monitoring the supply?..

You need it data logging constantly, not checking it hourly, the fault if true maybe reacting to a momentary dip that simply cannot be identified with a routine hourly check. I would initially work backward from the drive and determine all connections from the power input through all contactors etc are sound, a supply issue further upstream would usually manifest itself elsewhere too in other equipment.

A
We are using ABB ACS880 for rootsblowers, when the drive is in REMOTE MODE, after running several minutes the drive will trip the equipment indicating FAULT 3130 - INPUT PHASE LOSS.

When we run it in LOCAL mode, we are having continuous operation.

We need it to be in REMOTE MODE so we can control the motor speed remotely.

What must be the problem? How to solve this? Thank you.

Any update on the above problem did u solved it

A

Any update on the above problem did u solved it
I recently had the same problem fault on two ABB ACS580 which was supplied by 2 wire SWER 480V. They had been operating fine for a few months until they both had to run at full power and the incoming power dropping a bit. There’s 2 parameter changes to try. 1. 31.21 Phase Loss and
2. 97.48 UDC Stabilizer

Reply to ABB ACS880 - INPUT PHASE LOSS (FAULT 3130) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net