Discuss Air Source Heat Pump Signal Flex in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Dan59H

On Air Source Heat pumps there is a signal flex going from the Pump all the way to the Cylinder,
It's 0.75mm Flex and I'm getting two opinions about whether it can be run in containment (YT2 and 20mm conduit) with the feed.
The spark is saying that it can on 5Kw pumps (2.5mm T&E for the feed) but not 8.5Kw (4.0mm T&E) and the designer is saying because of harmonic interference that it must not be touching a live feed at any point on the run. Which is nigh on impossible to achieve except cosmetically.

Any thoughts?

You should be able to get YT2 as a split trunking which would satisfy separation requirements. Conduit is a different matter but as Justin says if the cable is screened it shouldn't be a problem.

images.jpeg

Reply to Air Source Heat Pump Signal Flex in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have just completed a self build, and heating system is Air Source Heat Pump, unvented HW cylinder, Buffet Tank, all Vaillant equipment. The...
Replies
Views
My mother moved into her three bed home in 1960 and it had underfloor heating in the living room. I remember we used it when I was growing up in...
Replies
Views
Hi guys We are due to undertake a new build install where they are using air source. Its the first air source I have installed so need a bit of...
Replies
Views
Wiring a new extension and the clients are having Air Source Heating in their house, I'm waiting to see what supply is required for it from the...
Replies
Views
In a few days our local HVAC company will replace our propane furnace with a Mitsubishi heat pump (PUZ-HA42NKA1) and ducted air handler...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock