Currently reading:
Air Source Heat Pumps... Questions!

Discuss Air Source Heat Pumps... Questions! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Listening to the radio the other day, and UK govt has announce no new gas boilers to be sold by 2035 and everyone should go with ASHP... £5k grant to get one..Let me add... only england and wales. We'll stick with peat up here for now.
The following questions.
Probably easy to answer, but just pretend i'm an idiot for 5 minutes

They work by extracting any residual heat in the open air, compressing it and using it to heat the home.... so why are they outside and not inside, extracting already warmed air?

They dont work very well with microbore to radiators. The phone-in callers on the radio said they had to increase the pipe sizes, thus adding to the install costs. Also having to increase the sizes of many of their radiators.

The heat that comes out of these isn't as hot as a traditional boiler... so where do you get hot water? Immersion heater to top-up?

What i saw on a news programme, you get the unit outside... another inside, plus a water tank.. So takes up much more space than a wall mounted combi boiler, that can hide in a kitchen cabinet if need be. Not a lot of one bedroom flats have any space for such equipment.

And discuss.....

Reply to Air Source Heat Pumps... Questions! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock