Search the forum,

Discuss Audio System 100V in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi there, I recently purchased the Adastra 240s amplifier. I have 4 bedrooms. I have run a 4mm 2-core cable from each room back to the hub (where my amp is). I have connected each cable into the amplifier (positive to 100V and negative to COM) so that each room is a separate zone. On switching the amp on, all I'm getting is a buzzing noise which gets louder when you increase the master volume coming from the one bedroom. I'm an electrician so my knowledge of audio systems is basic. Do you have any idea of here I'm going wrong please? Amy help would be much appreciated, Lee

If the buzz is on one input only and is affected by the volume control, it's almost certainly localised to that input's wiring, e.g. a disconnected screen. What is the audio source in that bedroom and how is it wired to the amp?

BTW, 4mm² for 100V line? the whole point of 100V is that you can use any old bit of wet string...

Last edited:

Reply to Audio System 100V in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back