Search the forum,

Discuss Automation gate problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

spark68, thanks for the help and knowledge of such systems..

I got called away from my own job on friday as the factors called and said there was problems with them opening and when I got there it was working fine.!!!

plan for tomorrow, I am going to check the power output, re-program the opening and closing of the gates, check the photocells are making and breaking and if not replace them.

hopefully in the next 10 month they work fine and I can wash my hands from them. !!

If you suspect a particular module, it works out far cheaper in the long run (time and aggro) to just replace it, but don't just guess, as 9 times out of 10 you will be wrong.

aye true.. the amount of time I've spent on this already is terrible.!!

the new modules I have are slightly different from the ones installed originally 8 year ago.. sure the wiring is the same mind you. 24v + -, Common, NO NC

Get a few drawings up if you can but my guess will be its down to the hydraulic ram system.
There should be a solenoid type valve to operate the gates one way or another,they'll be operational in both directions,check that there's power getting to each plug then this proves it's not an electrical issue.
If that checks out ok then look into the operation of the rams,they can bend quite easily,seals can bypass or even sometimes I've seen the motors not cut out if they don't get asked to and the oil just boils,gets too thin then when you try to operate it,it can just by pass.
The other way round is also an issue,I've seen many a hydraulic lathe not clamp or unclamp when left over a weekend in a freezing cold factory,they sometimes need a1/2 hour for the oil to reach temp.
Best bet is get there early and see what's happenning.

its just very frustrating knowing that the original job was fixed and because of some unknown reason they seem to not work when im not there..

Im reading up on the instructions the now, you think that turning the power output higher would help?
NEVER EVER turn the power higher unless you have a calibrated force meter to check it is within safe limits, gates can easily crush a person to death, be EXTREMELY careful.

Nikmet,

Thanks for the info..
I'm going to sort it out tomorrow as the weather was torrential today.. I'll noo mess about way power output !!
Got a guy who does this work giving me a hand tomorrow..

The welder did the gates when the motors were disconnected.. Also all connections.. He works welding these gates for a company..

Managed to reprogram the controller, added additional lubrication to joints n nuts.

Gates working as normal. Hopefully 'touchwood' that's the last of the hassles.

Thanks for your replys..

Gates have now remained open all night..

Going to try and sort this out today again..

Nuisance callouts

If the glass is mashed on photocells there is your problem. It's like having cateracts they need to see eachother. My bet is condensation is forming thought the crack making it misty and giving the illusion that something is standing in its way. This wwill happen on colder wet nights.

Reply to Automation gate problems in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net