Search the forum,

Discuss Average Cost For 2.5 kW system? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm not sure you'll find many people willing to put an itemised bill of what they are getting materials for on a public forum, and i'm not sure you really need it with such a vague description.

Why do you think I want trade prices? I want the price they would tell a customer so why would anybody not be OK with that?

Go to where everybody else has to go to get prices, a wholesalers. They'll tell you there and then what price they'll sell you it for.

I'm interested to hear what course its for though as non of the electrical/solar qualifications i've done required you to price a system using an itemised bill as it's irrelevant, sounds more like your digging around for prices and using the (suggested) excuse of a college course to cover your tracks?

You previous posts relate to SWA cable sizing which would seem like a likely method of connection to a ground mounted install also.

2+2= ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you think I want trade prices? I want the price they would tell a customer so why would anybody not be OK with that?

Well make it up as you go along, then say you got a double glazing company to give you an idea of costs... it'll all look legit come the end anyway!

To be fair I think the rough guide on page 1 was close enough for your question, I would use that info and your not far off the mark.

To be honest, I was being sarcastic. If I'd have been asked this question on a college course then I'd be asking for my money back. What has the price of equipment got to do with anything?

You have had a bit of negativity, mostly from people that are stumped by the question. It doesn't seem to make any sense. You have definitely had some help as well though.

It is a design course, so you would expect after successful completion to know a bit about the cost of various types of installation? I think it's a valid question to assign. PV and BOS inventory, Likely performance for the insolation in question, Safety issues associated with this installation, Wiring and layout diagrams, Expected capital cost in GBP. That is what the question asks but I thought I would get some extra marks for saying what costs what in the capital cost but sadly it has inspired a lot of confusion and people thinking I am an undercover agent or something

I was just thinking that haha. I understand the confusion a bit more now as apparently you can't have a non-critical standalone facility that is also grid tied?? And I can guaran(damn)tee you that is EXACTLY what the question asks me do to can anybody explain why these two types can't mix so I at least have something to show my teacher tomorrow when I confront him about this question

R32, I have just read this thread, and to be honest, with your attitude within some of your comments I am surprised anybody is replying at all.
There are some very professional people on here, that could answer any question about PV that you ask them.
If you want something from somebody it always pays to be nice.
Here endeth the lesson.

R32, there are several meanings to 'stand-alone' hence confusion.

In planning terms it refers to a system that is not roof-mounted but sits on its own ground-frame.

In Feed-in Tariff terms it means a system that is connected to the grid without being connected to a dwelling.

In electrical terms it means off-grid.

In your question it could be read to mean either of the first two of those options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Average Cost For 2.5 kW system? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back