Discuss Battery Drain - Radio causing it? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

fixit9661

DIY
Reaction score
After having some significant dashboard work done, (entire dashboard and steering column removed in the process), on my UK 2017 RHD 1.6 Petrol Suzuki Vitara, the next day the battery was almost dead; it would only turn the engine over a few times and not start. Further investigation identified a constant 1.1Amp drain being caused by the Radio.
The Radio also now has power to it all the time, even with the key removed. It never had this before the work.
Does anyone have any ideas please?

Reply to Battery Drain - Radio causing it? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
Hi. I want to start to say that I've had this problem for some time now. I've given my car to more than one auto-electrician in an attempt to...
Replies
Views
E
I've just had my first encounter with unexplained battery drain on a 2010 reg S-Max (2L Petrol Turbo). Car was last used on a Thursday afternoon...
Replies
Views
Geordie Spark
G
S
New technologies have now been developed to tackle two of the world's biggest energy challenges -- clean fuel for transportation and grid-scale...
Replies
Views
Solar Energy News --
S
J
"This is a staggering thought. We are completely dependent on the commercial Banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation...
Replies
Views
JackD
J

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock