Search the forum,

Discuss Beware of ebay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I love this, Im even watching the Box as a result. Cant wait for the winning bidder to turn up at his door, take one look at the box and kick him in the nuts!

If he really expects anyone to pay he really is dumb. I imagine the conversation will go:
"this box is empty bud"
"yeah I know, you only bought an empty box"
"well in that case I wont be paying you the £1000.00 I bid"
"well ill report you to e-bay and give you bad feedback"
"fill your boots sunshine, im gonna smash your face in"

Conversation will end, fight will begin. I hope the winning bidder is Mr Haystacks!

we should all set our mobiles to 'hide caller number' and send the **** a text explaining how much of a **** he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a look at the ad. Jeepers.

How can he expect this to work? If it's the actual inverter he's trying to sell - either on or off eBay - then he'll almost certainly get less for it than it's worth. Why? Because the guy is clearly an a***ole and who on earth would want to deal with him? I wouldn't. And if he even tried to scam someone for £600+ for a cardboard box, he wouldn't get away with it - 'item not as described' (ie: I bet the box isn't perfectly square...)

there is an easy solution to this, but risky

bid say £300 for it, he e-mails you saying are you sure, yep im sure

you win the bid.

ask him to take a photo for you if possible of the box.

when you recieve the box photo or look at the photo on the doorstep, hes bound to put the foam back in, just say no deal m8, wtf is that, i was bidding on a EMPTY box.

misselling m8, bye

I've got some empty shoe boxes, some empty MK socket boxes (cardboard), some empty egg boxes and a variety of empty unidentified empty boxes and paper bags. Anyone who wants them can purchase them on a' buyer collects' basis for £ 7.84 million pounds which must be paid in cash, new notes, preferably a mixture of 20s, 50s and 100s C.O.D. For the address of the asylum I live in P.M. me.

I've got some empty shoe boxes, some empty MK socket boxes (cardboard), some empty egg boxes and a variety of empty unidentified empty boxes and paper bags. Anyone who wants them can purchase them on a' buyer collects' basis for £ 7.84 million pounds which must be paid in cash, new notes, preferably a mixture of 20s, 50s and 100s C.O.D. For the address of the asylum I live in P.M. me.

whilst your in the asylum could you have a chat with that baker bloke about what he's done to my business, oh and have a word with the nurses about letting him out without his medication!

Reply to Beware of ebay in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net