bks

Discuss bks in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bks

Hi
I was testing brand new static caravan other day which came to the park recently. I had to test before it goes for hire or sale. I got Ze reading at caravan CU is 130 ohms and same as out side pitch bollard or hook point as well. Earthing system around the park is TNS. Hook up point is fed with two core SWA and steel wire has been used as earth. Inside caravan installation is sound but when you do live test all Zs readings will be well to high or doesn't comply with Regs. Now I am stuck to provide EICR for that caravan as satisfactory or unsatisfactory. Please anyone can advice me. Many Thanks.

sounds like the site earthing system has a problem. 130ohms on TN-S is a silly figure. check the Ze at source. if that is below 0.8ohms, then there is a problem with the cabling to the hook-up points.

and how is the swa ARMOUR glanded/terminated. a couple of strands in a choc block is favourite on caravan sites.

From what I can gather you are testing the caravan as opposed to the pitch. Therefore it would be a tad harsh to code the caravan installation as it will only be as good as the supply it is connected to.

From what I can gather you are testing the caravan as opposed to the pitch. Therefore it would be a tad harsh to code the caravan installation as it will only be as good as the supply it is connected to.

I suppose you could give the caravan all the dead tests and provisionally pass it but it would still fail and EICR C2 as its connected to and forms part of a dodgy installation.

Yes but it's not the van installation that is at fault. Op can it not be moved to another pitch?

Check the swa is properly glanded etc.

Last static I looked at swa into supply box no glands armoured all cut short of box, although was 16mm earth.

TT system ZE was 21.6 ohms

Reply to bks in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net