Currently reading:
bs88 for single 230v

Discuss bs88 for single 230v in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

allybally

I know this might sound like a daft question and I think I know the answer, but a Hager bs88 fuse carrier is rated at 415v three phase, I want to use it for 230v single phase, for a welder, I take it there's nothing wrong with that as long as the readings are ok, I haven't tested or even installed it yet but I'm on TN-S and very much doubt I'll get the Zs even close to low enough

Thanks and be kind :)

No, I think I do have it! I'm not going to argue I've got a wife for that, just wanted a bit of friendly advice, really can't see the problem here

I never asked you to argue with me, the problem is, you avoided my question about where you did it and when like the plague.

I have this qualification, as do quite a few others on this forum, and I think we'd all agree that it isn't exactly 'easy'. If I went into the written exam for this qualification with a level of knowledge that still had me asking whether or not 400V rated fuses were suitable for use on 230V circuits, I think that the exam would have chewed me up and spat me out.

Your design knowledge is nowhere near the level I would expect of someone who has gained this qualification.

Until you prove otherwise, I'm calling you out. I think you are a liar.

Happy to eat many slices of humble pie if I'm wrong. Somehow however, I don't think we'll see this proof any time soon.

I never asked you to argue with me, the problem is, you avoided my question about where you did it and when like the plague.

I have this qualification, as do quite a few others on this forum, and I think we'd all agree that it isn't exactly 'easy'. If I went into the written exam for this qualification with a level of knowledge that still had me asking whether or not 400V rated fuses were suitable for use on 230V circuits, I think that the exam would have chewed me up and spat me out.

Until you prove otherwise, I'm calling you out. I think you are a liar.

Happy to eat many slices of humble pie if I'm wrong. Somehow however, I don't think we'll see this proof any time soon.

Ok that's fine, I took the exam in the summer and passed, actually found it quite easy as I did the 2391, I can remember ridiculous things that hold no relevance to anyone but sometimes just need a bit of reinforcement on my decision makings, but for the qualification how can I prove it to you, where do I show you

Ok that's fine, I took the exam in the summer and passed, actually found it quite easy as I did the 2391, I can remember ridiculous things that hold no relevance to anyone but sometimes just need a bit of reinforcement on my decision makings, but for the qualification how can I prove it to you, where do I show you

Tell me what the subject matter was for the project and how long it took you to complete it.

Also, what month did you sit the exam and where?

Nope, he's gone.

Don't spend too much time doing your research allybally, there is only one answer to the project question you could have given me. The fact you didn't give me it immediately only bolsters my conviction that you are telling porkies.

Nope, he's gone.

Don't spend too much time doing your research allybally, there is only one answer to the project question you could have given me. The fact you didn't give me it immediately only bolsters my conviction that you are telling porkies.

Lol I actually took the time to get my certs out to get the right date to then pm you, not carry out 'research'

You just said via PM that you're still waiting for certs?

Yeah the final dual one, I think your trying to embarrass me, not gonna work, shall I send you a pic of the paperwork I do have at the moment? Would that satisfy your urge to stop having a power trip on who has the best qualifications on here, I tried to do it privately to stop an argument on the main thread

Yeah the final dual one, I think your trying to embarrass me, not gonna work, shall I send you a pic of the paperwork I do have at the moment? Would that satisfy your urge to stop having a power trip on who has the best qualifications on here, I tried to do it privately to stop an argument on the main thread

Post up a picture on the main thread here. There's no power trip here, just someone that will be genuinely astonished if you have passed the 2396 exam and coursework. Like I said, I don't mind eating humble pie if wrong. Please, prove me wrong.

Post up a picture on the main thread here. There's no power trip here, just someone that will be genuinely astonished if you have passed the 2396 exam and coursework. Like I said, I don't mind eating humble pie if wrong. Please, prove me wrong.

I actually don't know how to post a picture on here, am I ok for a little guidance? Can only post links, can I email then you upload

I'm somewhat confused about the OP too. He has all the information he needs to do a calculation and also says he has the appropriate qualifications for design. So I don't understand the lack of information provided in this thread. could the OP post up his design call and we could then comment on it?

I'm somewhat confused about the OP too. He has all the information he needs to do a calculation and also says he has the appropriate qualifications for design. So I don't understand the lack of information provided in this thread. could the OP post up his design call and we could then comment on it?

Bloody hell it was a simple question, I've never come across a bs88 fuse in domestic before (not the bs88-2), didn't even know you could get a din rail mountable carrier that would fit inside a consumer unit, normally just use MCB's, even my wholesaler had not heard of them, just wanted to do it right! 1st time...

Bloody hell it was a simple question, I've never come across a bs88 fuse in domestic before (not the bs88-2), didn't even know you could get a din rail mountable carrier that would fit inside a consumer unit, normally just use MCB's, even my wholesaler had not heard of them, just wanted to do it right! 1st time...

No need to swear mate. People are trying to help you, but if you don't supply the correct and sufficient amount of information it's impossible to do so. The solution is in your hands(fingers)...

but it in answer to the original post, yes. Does that help?

Hi Ally.. I'm not interested in the 'discussion' thats going on here, but I often seem unable to upload pictures/files IF I am trying to do so half way through a thread.

The way I have got around this is by clicking on the 'go advanced' button to the bottom right of the box you are writing in and then upload the picture as normal by clicking on the icon that states 'insert image' as you hover over it.

Good luck and well done for not getting too worked up!

Well I'm disappointed with the end to this thread...

I was looking forward to you eating that humble pie Mr DS :wink:

I guess we'll never know!

Reply to bs88 for single 230v in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock