Search the forum,

Discuss Changing original 32Amp contactors for solid state relays? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Marconi,

Hope this works as I've been unable to upload any more photos which is odd. Maybe a limitation on my account? Used an image sharing site for these.
Think I will need to draw a diagram as its such a mess in here. Put some tape around a couple of cables just to label them

I'll get a drawing to you later once I have a moment to remove the plastic panel cover to check again. In the meantime I've set up a nice automation server on a docker. Some scripting with the sensors and works brilliantly. So many options here.

Hi Marconi.

I believe this is how they have wired it. 2 of the UFH zones are tiny (1m2) bathrooms so use very little. Not 100% on the middle UFH but looks like they share the same cables.

Hello. What I cannot gauge from the photos is how much space is available on the DIN rail to clip on new double pole contactors. The space available for the new ones determines how many separately controlled zones can be configured. Could you have a gander and tell me please?

If I remove the old timer on the left and move the cbs to the left I have about 22/23 cm to play with. Would like to have the one power meter in there (about 1cm wide) measuring all the kWh used by all the combined UFH zones. Good up to 40amps.

I'd be happy if I could just separate the last 2 UFH zones on the right.

Many thanks

A standard DIN module is 17.5mm wide. So with two power meters that is 35mm - one for L1 and one for L2. Which leaves 220-35 = 185mm

A double pole 20A ABB contactor is a standard DIN module -the spec says 18mm. So you could fit in up to 10 of them.

ABB ESB20-20N-01 - https://new.abb.com/products/1SBE121111R0120/esb20-20n-01-installation-contactor

Could you have a think about how you want the zones arranged knowing that you have room for circa 12 standard DIN modules - and do you want a power meter for each zone?

Reply to Changing original 32Amp contactors for solid state relays? in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net