Currently reading:
Couple of questions to the wise

Discuss Couple of questions to the wise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

-
Reaction score
New connection to refurb, what does the S.S.E MP band represent on the incoming feed.

Secondly, how come they can get away with wrapping the earth in tape whilst we are required to follow the regs
20181017_201441.jpg

I can answer that... it's old fashioned trunking. Wood with slots cut into it and a wooden lid screwed on :)

I salvaged a section of that which runs into a big metal junction box and then emerges as lead sheathed cable. Nice addition to the collection :)
Cool just spotted the shimmer of light near the end between the two channels and immediately thought asbestos!!!! I think it really is amazing to see all the old cables I used to have quite a collection of vintage fuses breakers sockets and switches but I binned them when i moved house

SC is right, 2 compartment wooden trunking known as cap and case.
This was free floating from under a floor but have also seen it in lofts, and in fancy installs, used as decorative architrave round door frames as well as cable containment.
The cable type inside is VIR cloth coverd singles.
That top sample is an excellent one Andy, well preserved.

Cool just spotted the shimmer of light near the end between the two channels and immediately thought asbestos!!!! I think it really is amazing to see all the old cables I used to have quite a collection of vintage fuses breakers sockets and switches but I binned them when i moved house

I have a couple of these kicking about. MEM Kantark junior fuse boards. I have removed three of these that were in service in the past couple of years. VIR tails served the brass blocks in the middle and all final circuits were VIR singles in conduit, no cpc, all serving lighting circuits. Top row was line conductors, bottom row was fused neutrals.
2018-10-13 21.29.15.jpg

2018-10-13 21.27.37.jpg

You lot, apart from being nuts, need to get out more. Collecting old bits of cable, really. I'd make an appointment with me local trick cyclist. Even that Lucien bloke only collects for his museum.

I feel I've not really woken up this morning, and all these threads about old cables, are but a dream....………...hang on a minute, no they're are not. :)

You lot, apart from being nuts, need to get out more. Collecting old bits of cable, really. I'd make an appointment with me local trick cyclist. Even that Lucien bloke only collects for his museum.

I feel I've not really woken up this morning, and all these threads about old cables, are but a dream....………...hang on a minute, no they're are not. :)

Really, if you're going to be jealous of my pile of bits of old cable, try not to display it quite so obviously ;)

Reply to Couple of questions to the wise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock