Search the forum,

Discuss Data Rack Bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MartinF

Hi, I work in a datacentre on computer equipment and we have lots of 19" coated/painted metal racks with powered equipment in fed by two 32A supplies each with a multi way IEC or 3 pin 13A strip fixed to the inside of the rack sometimes with plastic brackets or screws with painted surfaces so limited/no electrical connection between power strip and rack. My question is do these racks also need a separate earth cable bolted to it by regs and/or law as a fair few do not have a separate earth? I'm not an electrician just a concerned employee.

i have never seen any separate earth wires on a data rack, most of the gear coming in metal enclosures have the box connected to incoming mains cable earth.

Reply to Data Rack Bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back