Discuss Datasheet for Chint NHB2-100UK Supply Isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, working at a house where a British Gas have installed a Chint iso off their meter.

The isolator is a Chint NHB2-100UK 100a unit but Google and Chint’s own website are unable to bring back a spec sheet for the switch (photo attached).

Does anyone know what torque the terminals need tightening to? Also where to find a 3mm / t15 torquing tool! Cheers
359604B7-3E12-448A-8178-F57C250B7452.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you want to know as the enclosure is sealed.
It’s not the enclosure, as you mention it’s sealed. That’s just a pic of it. It’s the top out goer I need the spec for (pic attached to prove I’m not tampering with supplier side!!) (also that’s the state the supplier left it in, hence me asking…)

Attachments

• 2B9526B7-2759-4439-B377-4AA451490E86.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 29
Just do them up tight enough the same as any other terminal.
Granted I’m new to the forum and so I might have misunderstood your reply, but you have a ‘badge’ against your username that says ‘mentor’ and your response to a fellow asking for the torque and technical requirements of a terminal is ‘just do them up tight enough’. Hope you’re not ‘mentoring’ any practicing electricians.

Granted I’m new to the forum and so I might have misunderstood your reply, but you have a ‘badge’ against your username that says ‘mentor’ and your response to a fellow asking for the torque and technical requirements of a terminal is ‘just do them up tight enough’. Hope you’re not ‘mentoring’ any practicing electricians.

Well what do you do when you encounter any other terminal which does not have a torque specification?

Any half decent electrician should be able to adequately tighten small terminals like that without the need for a torque setting device.

Why the concern for my mentoring? I teach any apprentice how to correctly use calibrated torque wrenches when required, I also teach them how to tighten a terminal without using any torque device.

Well what do you do when you encounter any other terminal which does not have a torque specification?

Any half decent electrician should be able to adequately tighten small terminals like that without the need for a torque setting device.

Why the concern for my mentoring? I teach any apprentice how to correctly use calibrated torque wrenches when required, I also teach them how to tighten a terminal without using any torque device.
Fair enough and valid point. Apologies, the mentoring shouldn’t have come in to it - must just be tired searching for this damned switch!

On a side note, any ideas why there’s no reference to this isolator anywhere online? One of the reasons I asked here was because it seems strange to me the client asked supplier to install iso so spark could work without touching supplier side and the result was the supplier installing an iso that has no online identity or info to help.

Fair enough and valid point. Apologies, the mentoring shouldn’t have come in to it - must just be tired searching for this damned switch!

On a side note, any ideas why there’s no reference to this isolator anywhere online? One of the reasons I asked here was because it seems strange to me the client asked supplier to install iso so spark could work without touching supplier side and the result was the supplier installing an iso that has no online identity or info to help.
Try Screw fix tech line if they have one, that's who normally sell the junk.

If the manufacturer's torque settings aren't available then just follow the mentors advice :)

Well, to my amazement here’s the data sheet in case anyone else stumbles upon this thread!

Attachments

• EB23F814-0127-47C0-84FB-E325FC20CF4B.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 25

Reply to Datasheet for Chint NHB2-100UK Supply Isolator in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net