Discuss dimmer for LED strips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

anarchoi

here's my situation

1 year ago i bought color-changing LED strips to put under my bed. I have a 5M one and a 1M one.

This is the strips i am using:
h ttp://w ww.e bay. com/itm/RGB-LED-Strip-light-SMD5050-60LEDs-m-non-waterproof-5m-/230609815745?pt=US_String_Lights_Fairy_Lights&hash=item35b16a88c1

Here is the receiver and the remote:
h ttp://w ww.e bay. com/itm/24key-IR-Remote-controller-Receiver-for-3528-5050-RGB-SMD-LED-Strip-12V-New-Ca-/150983551518?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item2327522a1e

I am using it with a 12V/2A power supply.

As you can see the remote already allows me to dim the led strips. But i hate using it so i would prefer to have a wall switch or a switch that i can put on my night table. I'm a newbie with electronics so i would prefer to avoid soldering.

I bought this item but it's not working:
h ttp://w ww.eba y . com/itm/160922167917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
When i switch my led strips on, first it is the wrong color, then at 50% the lights are blinking and it only starts working correctly at 100% brightness

I would want a setup like the guy in this video:
h ttp://w ww.youtube . com/watch?v=DdOBfiMfZzA

I spent hours looking for something that would dim my led strips but everything i find seems to be designed for single-color led strip :(

If it is not possible to dim color-changing led strips, then i would want an on/off switch that i could hook to my power supply cable. Something like the item i bought (last e*bay link i posted) but just with an on/off switch.... Where can i find that ?

Thanks !

(sorry i had to add spaces to my links because i have under 6 posts and i cant post URL)

Reply to dimmer for LED strips in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net