Currently reading:
Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views!

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Right ... Just been nudged to set this up by Paul.M and sounds a good idea following recent threads I've done in the Arms..

Rules....No Offensive material... edit if required before posting as this is the public arena.
Anything to do with the trade or in and around it ...H&S pic's welcome.

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

I've posted this a few times and this is at a mates house following a kitchen refirb several yrs ago. :eek:mg_smile:

Beware plumbers!!!.jpg

@nicebutdim I totally agree with you, but it must have been done at some point after the original installation as the rest of that original installation is very well done, the rest is a mess but that's another story!
The only thing that could have happened is that the seal fairy paid a visit in the past and at some point after that it was re-sealed again by the DNO, perhaps after a meter change.

"The end light is flickering".
Oh joy.... (and class 1 fitting too with no earthing unless the ants nest counts)
View attachment 95092
Maybe they misunderstood Ants living in the earth to Ants being the earth.

Either that or you’ve discovered a new species of electrical earthing Ant. Maybe you should get on the blower to a Mr D Attenborough. 😂

Today's fun, back to the old split phase mill I looked at back in November. Originally made in 1940, moved here in 1969! All the capacitors had gone and the panel was in a very poor tinkered with state and frankly lethal!
Second pic, this is how it was when I first looked at it, the farm lads were turning it on with a stick!
First pic, replaced contactor assembly with a new starter and 4 new caps and we are up and running again!
IMG_20220214_1401346.jpg
IMG_20220209_1112529.jpg

Today's fun, back to the old split phase mill I looked at back in November. Originally made in 1940, moved here in 1969! All the capacitors had gone and the panel was in a very poor tinkered with state and frankly lethal!
Second pic, this is how it was when I first looked at it, the farm lads were turning it on with a stick!
First pic, replaced contactor assembly with a new starter and 4 new caps and we are up and running again!
View attachment 95095View attachment 95094
You even sorted out the short length of conduit for the supply and properly fitted a brass bush - before it was just poking through. 10/10.

Well I thought it should be a professional job rather than the bodgery that was there before. And it's doing well for a 1940s mill it's had 1 new motor about 1978 and that's the 4th control panel. I thought it deserved some respect! And love!
Apparently it hasn't had any bearings greased for at least the last 20years so I left one of the farm lads to give it some more TLC!

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock