Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Dual Immersion in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RmBo_0

Hi,

I'm quoting to wire up a dual immersion. The plan is to change the existing 16a mcb to a 32a rcbo and running 4mm cable to an enclosure with 2x 16a mcbs but my question is on a timer for it. Can I get a 32a timer or would it just be cheaper to put 2 on for each immersion.

Oh it's not a e7.

Thanks.

An immersion with excess of 15litres has to be on a dedication circuit.. is it a chow on running a feed from the board to each heater?

Hi,

I'm quoting to wire up a dual immersion. The plan is to change the existing 16a mcb to a 32a rcbo and running 4mm cable to an enclosure with 2x 16a mcbs but my question is on a timer for it. Can I get a 32a timer or would it just be cheaper to put 2 on for each immersion.

Oh it's not a e7.

Thanks.
Just think how you want to control them..

A single timer (rated at 32A or over - i.e. contactor) on the sub main (feeding the 2x 16a mcb's) will switch both heaters at the same time. If you want 1 to switch at different times, then you need to install 2x timers, each rated at 16A+ on the final circuits.

Well I would of preferred a din contactor timer but looking at the costs it would be cheaper with 2 16a timers so going to quote for that.

Why not just get a e7 time clock that's what there made for and will control both elements. One is your normal operating element and ones the boost

Ignore me just re read it total dummy

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I had a look at horstmann e7 controller but they are only rated at 13a so would need one for each heater. It was around £50 as well.

No didn't have a look at the volume of the tank but it wasn't that big. Not sure why they want both but that's what the customer wants. Probably best giving him a quote for having just one wired aswell so he can see the difference.

I'd like to do it that way but again I don't think will get any cheaper than having a couple of mcb's and a 16a timer for each.

Thanks for your help anyway

Sound like you need to be sure of the customers reasoning behind having 2, that would make your decision for you, if a backup or need to run at differing times 2 times/mcbs would be best

I've done this before all you need to do is install 1 20amp radial and install a booster time clock this will switch between the 2 easy peasy

Usually the econ 7 dual supply feeds 2 x ccu. Some just have one ccu and turn their water tanks to econ 7 buy sending a 20a radial to a fused spur in tank cupboard and out if there to econ 7 timer clock and out of the clock to the tank, one feed one timer and another boost. I have seen them with 2 separate stats on the tank!!
Like this ...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Horstmann/ECON7DOUBLE.gif

Reply to Dual Immersion in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net