Currently reading:
ebay van trouble

Discuss ebay van trouble in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tbs1983

Hi guys, Sold my old van on ebay the other day. £600 buy it now. Listed every known fault I could think of, said the usual stuff like no tyre kickers, haggling etc, price is final.

Some guy bought it and turned up with his mate to collect on friday, from the word go he was checking everything thoroughly, picking out faults, and being quite intimidating.
He asked to take it for a test drive so I agreed with me as passenger, again he was picking and generally degrading the van. He picked the tracking was pulling to the left slightly which I hadn't realised, but agreed with so i knocked £50 off the price.
Cash was paid, documents wxchanged and off he went.

This morning i receive an ebay message off him saying on the way home the van went into limp mode, that I must have known about it, that its gonna cost hundreds to repair and basically demanding £100 part refund or he will give me bad feedback (I have a 10 year 100% history)
In two years of ownership it never went into limp mode with me, then suddenly by coincidence on his first journey it does for him.

Ive refused the refund, told him he had ample opportunity to check van thoroughly which he did, and even test drive it.
Ive said if he wants to pursue the matter further to contact his solicitor and we will settle the matter in court.

I'm 100% convinced he's a chancer and trying it on.

Be warned, the used vehicle market has far 2 many dodgy geezers for my liking, buyers as well as sellers.

Have I done the right thing? anyone had similar?

Hopefully you only contacted the pikey sorry buyer through e bay messaging if you did and you do receive bad feedback contact ebay and inform them what's happened they will under certain circumstances remove bad feedback. A similar thing happened to my daughter and ebay were very helpful and sorted everything even threatening to ban the buyer from ebay.

I wish to make an apology as I may have given some misleading information. After receiving the Thanks and Likes (Thank you all) I re-read my post. The ECU probably won't record Time and Date but will record mileage at which fault occurred. Sorry for any confusion. Steve.

Reply to ebay van trouble in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock