Search the forum,

Discuss EF members' installs - show us your work! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When we drill through fibre roofs we use a strong solution of PVA which binds the fibres together, when dry they stay bound up out of harms way, if you just use water, when it drys out the fibres become airbourne again. Got lots of photo's but don't know how to load them on hear.

Some of our work.

8 Panels East roof.jpg8 Panels West roof.jpgJohn with another completed system.jpg16 x ET Solar Mono .jpg

16 x ET Solatr Poly.jpgShading Calculation Modelling.jpgpanel fitting .jpg14 x Winaico Panels.jpg

12 x Sanyo HITs.jpg16 Panels carefully positioned to avoid shading.jpgSunnyboy HF2500.jpg

If anyone knows how to remove the big image please let me know. Spent ages trying to remove but can't do it.

Attachments

• 16 x ET Solar Mono.jpg
    688.4 KB · Views: 432
Last edited by a moderator:
some recent jobs, 2 no 50kw system, 4 no 4kw systems on roof of multistory buildings ballasted down with 100kg per panel (ouch).

Attachments

• WP_000620.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 193
  • WP_000619.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 158
  • WP_000602.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 156
  • WP_000483.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 181
  • WP_000193.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 156
  • WP_000146.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 152
some recent jobs

- - - Updated - - -

some recent jobs

Attachments

• IMG-20130325-00018.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG-20130325-00019.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG-20130325-00020.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG-20130401-00048.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG-20130404-00049.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG-20130404-00052.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Dundee City-20130404-00053.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 153
Wow, I can't believe the planning department allows people to install panels on their front wall. I know nothing about solar PV so I'm not knocking your installation, I just know if that was one of my neighbours I wouldn't be a happy camper having to look at it every day.

some recent jobs

- - - Updated - - -

some recent jobs

Sorry mate , the post before this was "Liked" by me for good reason !

But that house is one of the most unsightly installs i have yet seen , I know I have just judged it on aesthetics alone and this smacks a little of "The solar police" mentality , but it is installs like this that get people suggesting that solar is a blight on our landscape !

Again i am sorry if i have offended you as your post before shows a very tidy solution indeed for the containment on that job, but i feel for that install i had to say something .

Wow, I can't believe the planning department allows people to install panels on their front wall. I know nothing about solar PV so I'm not knocking your installation, I just know if that was one of my neighbours I wouldn't be a happy camper having to look at it every day.
They definitely wouldn't in a conservation area, well not on permitted development grounds anyway, that'd be pretty dubious if anyone challenged it IMO.

Still, I suppose as long as the customer was made aware of this, and insisted upon it being done like that then on their head be it. I just hope they get on well with their neighbours, otherwise they could be in trouble.

I refuse to comment on the above, the purpose really was to showcase good installs and hopefully good installation practices ...

8kw install. 32 250w panels sma8kw tripower south west uk

Box lid lets it down but I had all my tools stolen last month not bought my Milwaukee sawzall again yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 473
Neat installtion, though why didn't you just mount the meter on top of the box and feed the cables through from the back?
1-IMG_1193.JPG

That would work, we have did that way before, although would like to keep the cables in the enclosure with the metal frame work.

I'm thinking a clear Perspex box for the next 1.

That'll be like this then :)
1-IMG_1555 - SerNo.JPG

Pleasure to see a nice neat installation - good work well done, guessing a three phase 10kW? - do the inverters have a DC isolator built in to them, and presumably more than one mppt tracker?

Reply to EF members' installs - show us your work! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock