Currently reading:
Elecsa assesment Monday, only registered yesterday!!

Discuss Elecsa assesment Monday, only registered yesterday!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

cheers sparky83
thats the way a few have told me to do it i am going to use a ccu change at my bruvs as my main job so thanks for advice matey i had been waiting for my 2391 results which i got told i had passed today so elecsa registration next step will give them a ring and then do job before my assessment thanks mate for reply

No probs mate, well done on the 2391 by the way.

I had 2 lined up, but as my first was a new CU thats all he wanted. Just hammered me on the theory side instead.

Yeah i know the feeling, we were there for just over 3hrs! I even had to make him 2 cups of tea!:eek:

Refused when I offered a brew. Couldn't believe it!

:eek: Blimey, he had only been in the door a min and i offered a tea or coffee and he nearly bit my arm off!

what other things did he ask to see like
liability insurance etc
if ya can give me a heads up mate would be a big help cheers

He asked to see i had the Electricity at work act, Part P docs, Liabiltiy Ins cert, Customer complaints form, Risk assesments, OSG + Regs book, certs from previous jobs a basic health and safety document. Think that was most of it?? I put it all into a folder like someone on here suggested (thanks for that) to make it look like i was organised!

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers mate
i have all the required books etc but dont have certs from previous jobs as this will be first i have done and certificated as i am not in the game at the mo i am a full time carer at minute for mrs
so i will get the pli sorted and sort the risk assesment and complaints procedure, health and safety doc etc so thats something i can try to get sorted first

Make sure you got the regs, onsite guide,electricians guide to the building regs ,memorandum of guidance of the electricity at work regs ,insurance ,calibration ,one thing ive been asked is where to cut holes in a joist ,so have a look at that one too the only thing i disagree with what the other guys have said is the biscuits its got to be a kit kat chucky ,well done on your 2391 last company i worked for 20 lads went for it and 20 failed you did well and good luck on monday:)

Make sure you got the regs, onsite guide,electricians guide to the building regs ,memorandum of guidance of the electricity at work regs ,insurance ,calibration ,one thing ive been asked is where to cut holes in a joist ,so have a look at that one too the only thing i disagree with what the other guys have said is the biscuits its got to be a kit kat chucky ,well done on your 2391 last company i worked for 20 lads went for it and 20 failed you did well and good luck on monday:)
hi mate was this post meant for me
If so then i have all the above required books, i dont have PLI yet
I have a megger 1552 which came with a calibration certificate. i recieved this as part of a course i did last august it has not been used but the calibration certificate was dated last january . When regstering this with MEGGER I asked them about this and they said the calibration certificate only starts the first time you use it which is the date of commission and this then is filled in with the date of first use
What do you reckon mate i should ask Elecsa about this as i havent used it yet do you think I will have to send it for the calibration to be checked?

and on the 2391 what a relief thought the result was never coming and fearing the worst so still grinning now so cheers if this post was for me

as for the assesment with elecsa its not me who had the assesment on monday it was SPARKY83 and I think he passed

look up constructaquote for PLI. got mine through them with Aviva...............2 Million cover..............all for................wait for it.....................£54.03 per year!. have a look.

:D

hi mate was this post meant for me
If so then i have all the above required books, i dont have PLI yet
I have a megger 1552 which came with a calibration certificate. i recieved this as part of a course i did last august it has not been used but the calibration certificate was dated last january . When regstering this with MEGGER I asked them about this and they said the calibration certificate only starts the first time you use it which is the date of commission and this then is filled in with the date of first use
What do you reckon mate i should ask Elecsa about this as i havent used it yet do you think I will have to send it for the calibration to be checked?

and on the 2391 what a relief thought the result was never coming and fearing the worst so still grinning now so cheers if this post was for me

as for the assesment with elecsa its not me who had the assesment on monday it was SPARKY83 and I think he passed

yes my friend it was for you ,what you need to do with your megger is to get a Cali box then record all your resualts ,just to show your checking your test kit then calibrate every 12 months just to be sure it costs £60 ish quid , as fpr the PLI get it as soon as you can its the most important spend youll ever make

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers nickblake
i wasnt sure wether the other post was for me so cheers for replying
which calibox is a good one. I was told to get a CALCARD and check rcd and ZS on a socket but as my house is all RCD protected i wouldnt be able to check the full zs test as it would trip the rcd so I think the checkbox would be better
The calibration cert that came with MEGGER i got last August is dated jan 2009 and after registering it they said the calibration cert only starts the date of first use and then put the date in the commission box and its 12 months from then, but i will check with elecsa as i dont want a cal cert to be the reason for not passing eh mate so i will check first
as for the PLI i will get that first before I do the job at our kids and before registering with elecsa
I need to sort risk assesment, health and safety file, complaints procedure etc etc ??? anything else you can clue me up on would be great help cheers mate

this is the one i use then i do rcd an Zs tests at a socket in my house ,all sheets ie risk assesment etc as has been said you can get from elecsa even better go to the hsc web site and down load a risk assesmet

cheers mate
so do you use a calcard for checking calibration and is the socket you use rcd protected, for the zs does your tester not have to be checked on the no trip function as well as the full zs as doing a full zs test on a rcd protected it will trip the rcd so cant be checked unless socket is not rcd protected sorry for confusion mate just trying to understand the process
also is it ok to use a fluke t-5 1000 for a voltage indicator and do i need a proving unit for the assessment would i also be asked to carry out safe isolation and use a lock off kit or is this not necessarry as you are working in the area?? cheers

Reply to Elecsa assesment Monday, only registered yesterday!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back