Search the forum,

Discuss Electrical Installation Certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

james101

Morning all,

I've just got a quick question regarding the electrical installation certificate and the supply characteristics & earthing arrangements section. I'm due to complete an installation on an industrial site and follow up with all the relevant tests. The details of the installation are as follows:

Main supply to site to Substation No1 - 3 phase
Feed from Sub No1 to Sub No2 - 3 phase
Existing single phase single way dis board in Sub No2 feeding new 12 way consumer unit
New 12 way consumer unit to feed existing 8 way consumer unit

It may be a daft question but am I right in thinking the supply characteristics section relates to the existing single phase single way dis board in Sub No2? Also, will I need to do two separate electrical installation certs for the new and for the existing consumer units? Or can I incorporate them both onto one cert?

Thanks

Supply characteristics is the incoming supply from the DNO.
But if that incoming is HV with HV distribution within the installation as your post suggests then it is beyond the scope of 7671.

Thanks for the reply.

There is HV distribution from Sub No1 to Sub No2, and from Sub No2 there is both HV and LV distribution. My installation is only concerned with the LV distribution, so where does this leave me with regards to my original post?

The single phase board sounds like it is the origin for this installation.
You are only replacing / installing the 12 way board so your EIC relates to that.
If you are also testing the 8 way then you do an additional schedule of test results (and possibly inspections) for that board under the same EIC.

Reply to Electrical Installation Certificate in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net