Discuss Exploding oven glass in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

manda

Just a quick warning in case any of you have a Cannon Chester gas cooker. I have just had the glass oven door explode in my face, literally. Cooker was on and was bending down to pick up one of dogs biscuits. Next thing loud explosion and glass everywhere. Nice little cut under my eye, and a bit shook up. I'll be getting on to Cannon in the morning, but thought I'd warn people.

The oven had been on for an hour or so, and was on at the time. Scared the flippin life out of me. Thought at first it was gas explosion it was so noisy, but seems it was just the glass as the inside glass is still intact and fine.

I swept all the glass up and binned it as had kids here and dog, didn't realise I was cut until later, once had cleaned up and calmed down a bit. It's only a tiny cut anyhow, though how I've not got a face full of cuts I'll never know. Got a good peppering in the face with it. Just glad the kids weren't near it at the time, though one of em was in the kitchen. Lucky escape. More so for Cannon, had she been in front of the cooker I'd be going schizo now!! Just shocked it could happen in the first place. I doubt I'll buy anything from cannon again.

Ha ha Lenny, maybe best it's Sunday, I think the phone call today would have been a little more irate and full of rather bad language at the time. Going to wait until after my driving test tomorrow to ring em. :)

Reply to Exploding oven glass in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

(Trying again, as picture didn't post first time) Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how...
Replies
Views
Hi I know this is non-electrical but I need some advice, the inner most glass pane shattered in my oven and the middle glass pane seems to have...
Replies
Views
Conversation developed with a middle aged lady who has recently lost her husband. Note to self, stop walking dog around the graveyard Anyway...
Replies
Views
And the 1st thing I see is Smeg cooker tripping randomly. So Here's My Issue Have Spent Numerous hours trying to talk to someone at Smug Smeg...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock