Currently reading:
Exposed over door contact

Discuss Exposed over door contact in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

Hulmerous

Hi guys,could do with some advice on a matter I came across today on a job. It's to do with a over door contact that is installed from a bell chime unit with built in transformer. The door contact is the two metal strip kind so when the door opens the metal strips connect and sound them chime. My question is those metal strips are exposed to touch. The chime transformer output is 12 volt 1amp. Is that safe? I was always told that anything over 10ma is dangerous. Can someone guide me on this please?

Batteries? Things moved on from the days of the Leclanche Cells that that door contact probably first used.

In all honesty would you fit a battery bell in this day and age for use in a shop?

Arkwright had the best solution a bell on a spring.

We could go for the ultra safe method

bell_zpsa5044039.jpg

I think I hear what your saying, still slightly deaf from seeing them at Leeds Poly, 1978, a few away from the stack stage right.
We sat on the wall outside for an hour or so waiting for us ears to stop buzzing.

Reply to Exposed over door contact in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back