Currently reading:
FFS, gate contractor, stuck cable.

Discuss FFS, gate contractor, stuck cable. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LeeH

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any suggestions welcome.

The gate company has pulled the draw cord out of the flexi conduit inside the brick pillar and left behind a blockage of tape by the looks of it. The pillar has been back filled so no chance of getting inside.

Ive got the bore scope down and you can see the mess.

I’ve tried poking a Klien steel draw cord through and also a 10mm tri rated but it’s stuck fast.

Its about 200mm into the pillar.

It’s my gates BTW...

Attachments

• 797B0956-6BE1-4963-8137-069086F145CF.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 74
  • D65A5957-1E82-4DC2-8EA8-0415F2B163DD.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 29AB7730-2CB4-42BF-9CB6-607DBB0DDAD7.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 14C76F0C-B82C-4A50-AB08-10CE22D53C19.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 72
Hmm, is that a JB etc on the left hand post, with an antenna on it - outside the boundary ? Or will that end up being inside a fence or something at some point ?
I can't help thinking that something like that is just inviting "inquisitive young locals" to have a play and see what they can do to bypass the controls - just for the challenge of course ;) In my day it was the height of technical japery to just turn the valve off on someone's oil tank - wasn't long before they took the handwheel off the valve.

Hmm, is that a JB etc on the left hand post, with an antenna on it - outside the boundary ? Or will that end up being inside a fence or something at some point ?
I can't help thinking that something like that is just inviting "inquisitive young locals" to have a play and see what they can do to bypass the controls - just for the challenge of course ;) In my day it was the height of technical japery to just turn the valve off on someone's oil tank - wasn't long before they took the handwheel off the valve.
When that Laurel hedge thickens out in 2 years you won’t see it, hence why I requested it went there.

The antenna in on in the inside of the post.

Reply to FFS, gate contractor, stuck cable. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back