Discuss FYI: Saxby extended Warranty : Licence number.?..wot wot wot! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
When now registering to extend the standard 2 year to 5 year warranty....
They are asking for your "licence number" with NICEIC NAPIT etc or you do not qualify for the 5 year on some products (these were MW bulkheads)

Is this not discrimination ? Does anyone know the real reason for this ? Electricians licence 009!! Cannot be to do with safety... shirley? !!

https://www.saxbytrade.com/Feedback/Extended-Warranty-Registration
"PLEASE NOTE: If the product is required to be fitted by a qualified electrician please supply either the NAPIT or NICEIC license number. Without this we will be unable to complete your extended warranty registration application. Plug and play products are exempt from this."

I played devils advocate and stated I am sometimes registered sometimes not....
response:-
"For us to register this warranty we will require the electricians details along with the license number for this to qualify for the extension.
Please can you provide me with this information and I will be able to process this for you.
Until such time as we receive this your fitting will be covered by the standard 2 year warranty."

I relented...............gave my membership number..............& got 5 years.
Finally, it has caught up with me.........I am registered mad..............have a nice day

what a load of BS

you can be qualified without being a member of NAPIT or NICEIC.... How does a scottish spark do it if theyre a member of SELECT instead of NICEIC? (is SELECT even mentioned?)

send them your 18th Ed. BS7671certificate.... that means your qualified. Not some membership number you had to additionally pay for.

If they are already providing the 2 year guarantee as required by law then surely anything extra is on their terms. Obviously you don't need to be registered with a scam provider to fit them legally, they could be going into a commercial installation where there is no need to be registered with any governing body but you could still have qualifications coming out of your ears so don't really see the sense in what they are doing. Personally I wouldn't be sending them any personal details at all, if you aren't paying forhte product (extra guarantee) then you are the product.

Secondly, as with everything else the 5 year warranty probably won't be worth the paper its written on, they will weasel their way out of it one way or another. My mate paid for an extended warranty on a car he recently bought and 2 days later the bonnet catch went faulty, they even tried to get out of fixing that until the dealer got involved. Its just a con.

Reply to FYI: Saxby extended Warranty : Licence number.?..wot wot wot! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net