Discuss G59 & Export Metering Process in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

j12m21

Hi,

Mainly been doing domestic installations so far, some small scale commercial still G83.

Finding it a bit of a nightmare gathering all the information and pricing I need to accurately quote for larger size systems.

I think i'm nearly there...

-We will be getting our assessors to measure and quote based on the size system;
-If the customers happy we get a Letter of Authority to apply to local DNO for G59 connection;
-Send application with relevant info on form etc and wait for response;
-Either receive decline, approval or approval with network upgrades (additional costs);
-Hopefully it is a straight approval (so should be free of charge) in which case can get to work installing said system once contract signed;
-Once installed (with approved materials) contact chosen G59 Relay supplier to install and test G59 Relay (Cost for G59 Relay and equipment + Cost for Testing) (May require witnessing by DNO at a cost);
-Send filled in (by G59 test engineer) 'Generating Plant Installation & Commissioning Confirmation' to DNO;
-If system over 30kW then export meter required, in which case;
-Contact FiT provider to find out relevant Meter Operator;
-Contact Meter Operator to fill in Half Hourly Meter Operator Contract Form which provide an Export MPAN (Cost to install + yearly meter costs);
-Register Export MPAN with FiT provider and get approval (Quarterly costs for data provision);
-Meter Operator then fits new or replaces existing Import Export Meter;
-Wait for completion of set up.

If under 50kW register with MCS, and over with RO.

I haven't specified the costs of the Relay, testing, export meter and data provision as i don't know the costs.

The question is,
Is that everything?

Or have i missed anything out that could pop up unexpected down the line or got anything wrong?

You don't have to meter if >30kWp TIC, just if you want to avail of the export tariff. G59/3 relay may not be required if inverters are <50kW and there's no more than 5 of them - that's not written in stone and will/may vary from DNO to DNO, project to project.

If you need any pricing or assistance then by all means give us a shout. We can help if you are restricted on export too...

You don't have to meter if >30kWp TIC, just if you want to avail of the export tariff. G59/3 relay may not be required if inverters are <50kW and there's no more than 5 of them - that's not written in stone and will/may vary from DNO to DNO, project to project.

If you need any pricing or assistance then by all means give us a shout. We can help if you are restricted on export too...

Thanks for the info!
Interesting point about not needing a meter for over 30kW, I guess it will come down to whether the costs are worth while for the export.

Out of interest what assistance do you provide on pricing or on restricted export? (Intrigued)

Thanks

"-Contact FiT provider to find out relevant Meter Operator;"

Which Meter Operator you use is just a decision that the customer can take. It is not up to anyone to tell you who you can and can't use.

You simply need to find an accredited company that do what you want in your location. But the big 6 do have their own MOP divisions and will steer you in their direction if they are asked, maybe without giving you all the options.

The customer may have their own preferred MOP if they already have HH metering for import so it would usually make sense to use that same company to handle the export metering as well.

Reply to G59 & Export Metering Process in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net