Discuss G99 GSI-3 4.4 kw Victron inverter install in the Solar PV and Solar Panel Installers area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
G99 GSI-3 4.4 kw Victron inverter install with EES and batteries and installer can set the export lint if required by dno

As part G99 GSI-3 you required carry out phase to neutral loop impedance and phase to earth loop impedance test not a problem. but the must be 180 m ohms or less for phase to neutral loop impedance on site from consumer unit with it switch off and earth connection removed temporarily to remove metallic parallel paths and reading back to the dno transformer secondary side

and a phase to neutral loop impedance 180 m ohms or less but the reading form site are 0.309 ohms on TN-S 60 amp supply but as cut fuse holder is not marked with the fuse rating i.e. 60/80 or 100 amp as you fond in new install is (one being 1950) and only based on 16mm2 meter tall 87amp prox

has anyone had the same problem or is a case of me misinterpreting SSE G99 GSI-3 information in the web site

In your case I would be looking at G99 SGI-1 procedure which is basically install and notify. Your inverter meets requirements of that as it's less then 32A. Just need to set export limit to 16A within inverter menu.

In your case I would be looking at G99 SGI-1 procedure which is basically install and notify. Your inverter meets requirements of that as it's less then 32A. Just need to set export limit to 16A within inverter menu.

G99 SGI-1 procedure which is basically install and notify, this how i started but SSE replied with

● From the information provided in your application, it appears that the capacity of the plant that you’re intending to install (xx kW/kVA/MW/MVA) is greater than the export capacity that you’ve requested (xx kW/kVA/MW/MVA). Is this difference in values equal to the active power consumed by your installation and/or the reactive power at the connection point (i.e. expected electrical losses of your installation experienced at the connection point)? If not please provide the attached G100 Appendix A form and show the G100 export limitation scheme on your SLD as this would help our Network Planner provide an accurate offer and you may be asked to provide these documents by the Network Planner at a later date, if this is provided now this will avoid your application being delayed at a later stage in the process

from SSE site G99 SGI-1 but as the Victron miutplus II inverter only meat one criterial i.e. not more 32 amps 7.36kw

not the ones below
  • Registered Capacities of all generating units (including Electricity Storage devices) is no more than 16A (3.68kW) per phase.
  • The individual Registered Capacity (“RC”) of each new and existing generating unit is no more than 16A (3.68kw), and
  • The aggregate Registered Capacities of all generating units (including Electricity Storage devices) is no more than 16A (3.68kW) per phase.

from SSE site G99 SGI-1 but as the Victron miutplus II inverter only meat one criterial i.e. not more 32 amps 7.36kw

not the ones below
  • Registered Capacities of all generating units (including Electricity Storage devices) is no more than 16A (3.68kW) per phase.

Registered capacity is what you set up as export limitation within inverter menu so in your case you should set it at 16A. If you would install 4 inverters, then to use SGI-1 total export on all units should be set at 16A, i.e. 4A on each inverter - so that's fine
  • The individual Registered Capacity (“RC”) of each new and existing generating unit is no more than 16A (3.68kw),
Here, each new and existing individual generating module need to have export limited to 16A within internal menu, so you can have 1x victron installed or 10x and as long as each is set to 16A that's fine
  • and
  • The aggregate Registered Capacities of all generating units (including Electricity Storage devices) is no more than 16A (3.68kW) per phase.
Total export of all new and existing generating equipment must be set at 16A within unit menu so unless you have other gear already installed and generating more then 16A then you are good.

Perhaps you incorrectly filled the form with wrong export numbers. I would recheck and file again. SSEN G99 SGI-1 fasttrack only takes up to 10 days. If you go with SGI-3 you may need site visit to commission and that will be £300+

sgi-1 is the way to go, I've done 6kw inverters using this procedure

Last edited:

Reply to G99 GSI-3 4.4 kw Victron inverter install in the Solar PV and Solar Panel Installers area at ElectriciansForums.net