Discuss Hanging up my toolbox in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Started my apprenticeship 1971 :eek:
Qualified out under fourteenth edition :eek:
Wow thats 38 years as a sparks :eek:
Still enjoy it :D
Still learning from it :D
Wouldnt change for any other trade :D (Well maybe hairdressing) :rolleyes:

thats what i wanted to hear from you, belive it i was really upset that I have taken a wrong decission of being a sparki as i told you i have just got my 17th edition now u gave me some hope. thankyou

Started my apprenticeship 1971 :eek:
Qualified out under fourteenth edition :eek:
Wow thats 38 years as a sparks :eek:
Still enjoy it :D
Still learning from it :D
Wouldnt change for any other trade :D (Well maybe hairdressing) :rolleyes:

you started 9 years before i was born:eek:, now thats what i call time sereved...hats off to you sir.:)

I have been doing general maintenance for 20ish years, with a specilisation in electonics, recently decided to get some sparky qualifications (I have done so much work assisting on installs I thought I may as well qualify), just got my 2330 level 2, but after the tone of this thread am wondering if its worth continuing....

Keep the faith been out of work for two months now have the pick of job offers and are turning them down cos I've got the job that pays right and is right for me.
The jobs are there you've just got to keep plugging away and have that bit of luck
Ps mines a coffee no sugar, crap I'm now the new boy, what do you want from the shop?

I was offered a job in the states at a prison, they wanted me to service the electric chairs. I turned the job down, damn things were a death trap.:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

:confused:Sorry to hear tat but its kind of same story with me I am too going to hang up the bag I was getting bits and bobs now and then but from last 3 weeks I am sitting at home I did the course as they were saying sparky earns 30000 per year I was happy for 15 but its hard to get the job I wasted last year doing the course and this year I started working in march and now i am applying for Taxi licence.

If you get any good new of market let me know and you will be first from my side.

Thank You for sharing the feelings.

I thought it was just me, Just got my compex - job ended , no work about went from 16th to 17th up dated jib card (so did safety thing), did pat testing, yep still no work. Now they want 2391 I haven't got any money left for courses. So I just applied for a job with kbr , never thought i'd worked in the desert i'm bloody ginger.

Hi James
Ever thought about being a electrical maintenance engineer in automation it’s not that much of a jump, and when the trade picks up again (which it will ) you can get back in to the trade again

Regards
chris
certified plc/slc programmers are needed everywhere in many industries
ive been sent to different plants to troubleshoot equipment.

Whats Funny is these Employers all want us to get, every single course under the thumb and pay you bugger all, the goverments sit on there bumbs and make new H&S and this and that, i must have spent more than i actually earn, the Employer should be paying he wants me to be H&S CSCS PassPort, Scaffold, Cherrypicker, Abrassivewheels, Compex and on and on LMAO.

I love my job though, im not upgrading other stuff im just going to get a stacking job, they get £7/8 an hr and costs out way the courses Rofl.

Bet i dont and stay a sparky :)

Reply to Hanging up my toolbox in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net