Currently reading:
Has the 'Respected Member' tag had its day?

Discuss Has the 'Respected Member' tag had its day? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Surely every member is respected.

It sounds ever so cliquey.

I think in the current times when everybody should be totally equal, denoting who's 'respected' it a bit cheeky.

It used to be called "Elite Member" - Christ, imagine if we had that these days?!?!?!
On TilersForums.com it's now 'Trusted Advisor' but even then the advice changes and it's marking old now inaccurate posts as if the post should be trusted. And it can cause a bit of a shitstorm every now and again because some poor sod has tiled their bathroom the old way and their tiles are falling off.

I've put a poll up to get a feel for it. But it's not to say if either outcome is clear - that we will go for it.

It's up for discussion.

Please be professional with your replies. That said we wont be warning anybody for speaking out. This is my own thread and my chin can take it. :)

So maybe that needs noting via badges. And perhaps even split them off into different forums altogether. At point of registration.

Maybe a drop down box. So they can't pick more than one. And can't change it once registered...?

LOL, I thought we were getting rid of badges ? :grin:

I think people filling out their profiles with achieved quals and experience is enough to inform others really.
The point of my post was that the Electrical Trainee moniker refers to a specific thing, and not all short courses or candidates.

So you may have noticed that you have received a shiny new Badge with the title Respected Member.
We the staff just thought we would send you a pm to explain it's meaning.
For a while now we have been trying to think of a way to thank certain members for all the good work they do on the forum, whether that be helping out newcomers or lending a hand in the trainee forum or just being an all round decent and helpful member.
We are pleased to let you know that we think you are one of those members and thought it only right that you received the recognition you deserve, the Respected member badge is just a small token of our appreciation for everything you do.
It's also important to know that there will only be a select few that get this status and that we won't be handing them out like sweets.
We also have a few other things we are discussing for you and the other members we choose, but all in good time!!!!
So for now enjoy your new Badge and title and we will be in touch soon.
Best regards
The Staff.

This was the message sent when the respected member badge was created. So it was created for a reason I presume.

For me, doesn't really matter. Having it will not change how or what I post.

I'm just asking. I'll put in place what the forum needs as a whole. But I'm trying to point out it's not for just "respected" members. It's for everybody who wants to use it.

If more badges are needed that's fine. I personally hate them for the reasons above. Buy the trusted tag surely has had its day. Just the wording is not very 2019.

We must be able come up with something better. There are 40k members here. If not more (I haven't looked for a bit).

I'm just asking. I'll put in place what the forum needs as a whole. But I'm trying to point out it's not for just "respected" members. It's for everybody who wants to use it.

If more badges are needed that's fine. I personally hate them for the reasons above. Buy the trusted tag surely has had its day. Just the wording is not very 2019.

We must be able come up with something better. There are 40k members here. If not more (I haven't looked for a bit).
Deleted again and again and again

Some of the tags could be a bit confusing like
Solar Guru
Electrician Arms
Forum Mentor
Solar guru = someone who knows more than most about Solar.
Electricians Arms = Somewhere to gossip, most people seem able to get in.
Forum Mentor = More likely than not they know what they are talking about.

Who has deleted what?

Some bullsh11t post?

You want it stay on the forum do you?
I did Dan don't worry about it, please, I wrote something and thought better of it as carp so deleted it, not a problem for you is it?

Last edited:
Solar guru = someone who knows more than most about Solar.
Electricians Arms = Somewhere to gossip, most people seem able to get in.
Forum Mentor = More likely than not they know what they are talking about.
Is Forum Mentor not for the Trainees part of the Forum? (A Mentor for Trainee's rather than a Trainee Mentor)
Solar Guru implies that the person knows more than most working in that sector know about Solar

Wazzup -- Anthony Bragg was saying something similar ...
This bad weather -turned my milk today ...
Chill pills needed all round !
( Public facing forums ..are that )

Nothing wrong mate... Just me being a muppet... I'm always happy.. :laughing:
If I had cheesecake I would be a lot happier though...

Who cares what our badge says, my advice is to have fun without abusing anyone and just give advice, if like me you get annoyed at silly posts be like me now a days, just don’t reply, I would ask dan and the team to allow banter in the arms though, life is too short without a laugh, let’s face it, we can ignore posts, there isn’t a gun to our head saying we have to help

Reply to Has the 'Respected Member' tag had its day? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock