Discuss Help needed to keep working after knees gave out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got it all on paper somewhere what was exactly the diagnoses had that many scans. Started off with injections into spine put on morphine patches for pain relief tried working again but just got worse then got offered this new proceedure. Biggest thing for me was the mental side of it all exepting that i couldnt do something i loved doing. Good luck to you.

Thank you my good sir.

The mental side is something that I've been coming to terms with for the last month, but I don't think it will help. Just looking forward to getting the whole spine scanned this week and seeing what's up. Just walking kills me at the moment, let alone doing any actual work.

I can still do small jobs for freinds and family but it takes me all day sometimes longer !!! stopping and starting to do a job which used to take me an hour. Not really practical lol

I have had a herniated lumbar disc partially removed by general surgery and this stopped the radiating pain for ten years, the muscular spasms still occurred in the back and I was stiff to move but could still manage OK.
Overall the surgery was not too bad but I did overdo it straight after, once they said I should get on and do things, so I had to have another bit of disc removed.
Last year I have had another bad episode and I am slowly recovering but I am slow at work. I have had an MRI scan showing slight lumbar herniation and overgrowth of bone; I am due to have a steroid injection in the nerve to try and narrow down the problem.
Best of luck with identification and resolution.

p.s. Only kidding about thumping students :D

From my college days the ADT lads on the same course always needed a good thumping. Once in morning and again after lunch!

Good luck BS, whatever you decide.

And after reading all the other posts on this thread good luck and health to everyone. I am yet to fall apart at the seams but can sense it is probably not that distant unfortunately.

Last edited:
I have had a herniated lumbar disc partially removed by general surgery and this stopped the radiating pain for ten years, the muscular spasms still occurred in the back and I was stiff to move but could still manage OK.
Overall the surgery was not too bad but I did overdo it straight after, once they said I should get on and do things, so I had to have another bit of disc removed.
Last year I have had another bad episode and I am slowly recovering but I am slow at work. I have had an MRI scan showing slight lumbar herniation and overgrowth of bone; I am due to have a steroid injection in the nerve to try and narrow down the problem.
Best of luck with identification and resolution.

My pains started on and off back in July and August, all chest and stomach. The back pains was just a constant ache and didn't think the chest and stomach pain was related but have since found out it's a clear sign of thoracic disc herniation. Struggled through work but continued as usual.

And it's got a lot worse since November, I've now not worked for two months and it's showing no sign of improvement. Got a scan and consultation this week so should know what's going on soon. Other than the thoracic disc issues, it's hard to tell because pains could be muscle spasms rather than disc issues.

Reply to Help needed to keep working after knees gave out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net