Search the forum,

Discuss How much ?!!!!!!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

CEFs have been doing this for years, I remember an article condemning their sharp practices being framed and put on the wall of another wholesaler in about 1983!!!! - Have never used them

CEFs have been doing this for years, I remember an article condemning their sharp practices being framed and put on the wall of another wholesaler in about 1983!!!! - Have never used them

Bl@@dy hell, that long? Still, as caterhamboy says here it's mostly about geography and who is closest as that translates into quickest?

Bl@@dy hell, that long? Still, as caterhamboy says here it's mostly about geography and who is closest as that translates into quickest?

Ain't for me, I have a neweys, an eddies (which isn't that bad) and a rexel literally down the road, but I still prefer to go across the river to my lads at Total.

A golf buddy of mine is the manager of a shop and asked me to come around to change 2 light bulbs on a display. European shop fitters just refitted the entire shop but used European fittings. Never seen this type of bulb before. Manager says they have an account with cef, off I went. "Never seen these before" he checked on the computer. "Yes we can get them by Friday, £289 each inc vat". I almost fell thru the floor. "they have a silver eliment". Well for £578 I wont to go to Spain and pick them up myself! I just changed the two fittings for 500w halogen that way the light bulbs will be a bit cheaper in the future.

Just Heard another story about CEF. I was in the wholesalers on saturday picking up some stuff, got talking to the guy behind the counter about how appalling CEF are and how they have such a bad name on here and within the industry. He said he had worked for one of the london branches for around 6 months just as a stop gap job, anyway he told me that that whilst he was there the place got turned over, lots of stock etc went missing. It turns out that it was the manager and the assistant manager who broke in stole all the stuff put it in a lock up, they then made an insurance claim for the stuff when that paid out they put all the stock back and made 100% profit on it!!!!:mad:.

On the flip side, I use CEF as one of my main suppliers along with Electrifix. I can't fault them tbh. The service is brilliant and yes one or two prices aren't competitive, but they can't win at everything. I have heard stories about my branch and the previous management and staff etc but the current guys are top dollar. Would thoroughly recommend them to all locally. :)

I have just opened an account with them ( before reading this section i hasten to add ) and was starting to wish i hadn't. I went in to and spoke to the bloke behind the counter about how i would be able to keep track of what was going on my account and how much i would be charged. He basically knew where i was coming from with regards to the overpricing that occurs and basically said the best way to do it was to get a quote every time with a printout. Even if I intended to take the stuff there and then, it was a record for myself plus if it was a ridiculous price I had the choice. Cant say fairer than that really!!

i just had a bill of £84 for 300m of 2.5mm single!!!!!
NEVER using them again now!! last straw! , wholesaler over the road... £20 cheaper!!!
takes the ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to How much ?!!!!!!!!! in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net