Discuss I want to know what good for is that Bandwidth in a DSO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does exist in this big world second hand oscilloscopes at lower prices than the new ones?

I asked this question when I was young and looking for my first proper scope. I was warned by one of my mentors, not to get lost down the rabbit-hole of historical test equipment. The situation occurs that you spend more time fixing the test equipment than the device you wanted to test, and to fix the test equipment you need higher-spec test equipment, which you really can't afford so you have to make do with even older versions, which you spend even more time fixing...

With digital it's less likely to be a problem than with the early high-end analogue scopes with 100+ tubes and 1kW power consumption. But it's a good rule to bear in mind.

Hi
That's a result of the sample rate.

Misunderstood effects of this do lead to missing key information.

I have a similar oscilloscope to the ones you are looking at, actually a siglent sds1000, it is usable - but you do have to be aware of limitations, when looking for a signal, don't just leave it on the same timebase, apply the signal then sweep through. You get one picture on one timebase and a totally different one on another!
FNIRSI 1C15 is better or 5012h?

Hi

FNIRSI 1C15 is better or 5012h?
No idea, they are both very cheap handheld 'scopes.

Given their availability from many different suppliers, you may not get an original anyway, and therefore the item you buy probably doesn't go close to matching the specifications.

Best to look out for reviews

Reply to I want to know what good for is that Bandwidth in a DSO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net