Currently reading:
Install an electric shower in bungalow - price range

Discuss Install an electric shower in bungalow - price range in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

electricnovice

Hello - member of the public here again, so please be nice this time :smartass:

I can appreciate people wont want to give out quotes on a public site, but if doable I'd appreciate a 'price range' if that's ok.

For an electrician installing an electric shower in my Mum's bungalow bathroom, so that when quotes come to her she knows they are at least in the right ball-park area. Job outline is -

Supply and install 10.5kw Triton electric shower.
10mm cable, 40amp MCB.
Plumbing-pipework, isolator and connectors.
Electrical installation certificate.
Sundries and labour.
(quote without the VAT)

Water to the shower to feed off from a cold water pipe which spurs off from an electrically heated water tank unit.

Thank you. Anyone's help is really appreciated.

SD (daughter) (Midlands)

The op said its a triton shower so there is no chance of it being good quality!

Okay then high end. I generally charge. a day £240 plus £100-150 dependant on what was needed in materials and parts Ect if they want a basic £100 shower 8.5 kW

But as said without exact details it will make a massive difference, like hacking to add a separate cu with add on nearly £100 a short run 7-8m compared to a 15 m run can make £40 difference but to having to buy a 25m cable Ect ext

The electrician will also decide on the sizing and co-ordination of the cable and MCB and won't need you to specify that for them.

Indeed, and a 40A protective device isn't appropriate for a shower which pulls 45.65A anyway (or 43.75A if based on an open circuit voltage of 240V instead of the 230V harmonised voltage).

Indeed, and a 40A protective device isn't appropriate for a shower which pulls 45.65A anyway (or 43.75A if based on an open circuit voltage of 240V instead of the 230V harmonised voltage).

Without seeing the rating plate for the shower it cannot be said for certain but I've never yet seen one which has its main power rating at 230V. Manufacturers didn't bother to go to the trouble of changing their manufacturing process when the voltage change supposedly happened, they just changed the printing on the stickers to include the 230V power rating as well as the 240V one (same for electric heaters and all sorts of other things)
Bottom line is that a 10.5kW shower is almost definitely going to be 10.5kW at 240V (9.6kW at 230V)

Okay then high end. I generally charge. a day £240 plus £100-150 dependant on what was needed in materials and parts Ect if they want a basic £100 shower 8.5 kW

But as said without exact details it will make a massive difference, like hacking to add a separate cu with add on nearly £100 a short run 7-8m compared to a 15 m run can make £40 difference but to having to buy a 25m cable Ect ext

You've missed my point I think, triton electric showers are low end crap which leak like a sieve after a couple of years.

Why would you buy 25m of cable when you need 15m? Just buy 15m or else do what most people do and buy a drum

You've missed my point I think, triton electric showers are low end crap which leak like a sieve after a couple of years.

Why would you buy 25m of cable when you need 15m? Just buy 15m or else do what most people do and buy a drum

That's a bit of a sweeping statement. Our last shower was a Triton (under £100) It lasted about 10 years. Our new one is also a Triton.

That's a bit of a sweeping statement. Our last shower was a Triton (under £100) It lasted about 10 years. Our new one is also a Triton.

Agree, there not as and as people make out, I install them and had not one issue, about 10 in the last year alone and not one issue now or previous install. I install to customer budget within reason

Polos working for nowt then!

OP said supply and install the triton shower. And you could do this for 350?

Id be pricing a day out to this sort of job, with the place left clean and tidy
I agree, there is no way most shower installs will be done in that time, not the ones I get anyway, you can spend 2 hours ***ng about with the plumbing if you are unlucky. I think this thread is ridiculous and also a bit dangerous bearing in mind it is on view to the public. There is no way anyone can say how much it will cost without seeing the job so offering up prices out of thin air is crazy.

Whats wrong with you people £550 steep ??? I would say about a grand provided customer supplies the shower.
You have to remember an honest sparks has to run a van as well as his car.
After all you won't see me fitting a roof rack to my Ferrari anytime soon.
And the wife would never expect me to use her Range Rover Vogue when she has the kids to pick up from school.
Honestly, what planet are you lot on :ihih:

Reply to Install an electric shower in bungalow - price range in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back