Currently reading:
IR test 2391 The way to answer ?

Discuss IR test 2391 The way to answer ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks for your input jurasic. GS38 i agree because its a circuit im testing i would just test between (line and cpc) terminology correct me if im wrong.
Many thanks again!

GS38 is applicable for Live tests. Although I.R is a dead test it stiil has 500v at the tips so therefore comes under GS38.

Whether its single or 3 phase the test connections are the same. Between live conductors and between live conductors and earth. Only difference is you have more live conductors on 3p.

GS38 is applicable for Live tests. Although I.R is a dead test it stiil has 500v at the tips so therefore comes under GS38.

Whether its single or 3 phase the test connections are the same. Between live conductors and between live conductors and earth. Only difference is you have more live conductors on 3p.
Sorry to seem like a doughnut but if i was to test the installation as a whole, in short would i say between live conductors and "Earth" and if was a circuit would i say between live conductors an "Cpc" im looking at pge 39 of gn3 but all it says is between live conductors and protective conductors?
thanks

Sorry to seem like a doughnut but if i was to test the installation as a whole, in short would i say between live conductors and "Earth" and if was a circuit would i say between live conductors an "Cpc" im looking at pge 39 of gn3 but all it says is between live conductors and protective conductors?
thanks

The first sentence of the 2nd paragraph on p39. States what the test connections are (same as what I posted). All you need to decide is how many live conductors there are for single phase and how many for 3p. This will then tell you the tests you are required to do.

You must mention that you have selected 500v dc for your test and in paragraph 8 you wrote; between line and neutral conductors twice, don't forget line and cpc.

Reply to IR test 2391 The way to answer ? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back