Discuss Lighting Problem in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have recently installed a new power supply to an new unit and connected the existing power and lighting to a new DB in the unit. I have also had to put in a new supply to this unit from a 3 phase board. The problem I have is that the Flourescent lights keep going off and coming back on again, power is not affected just the lights?? can anyone give any advice on this. There are 7 6ft twins and 2 6ft singles.

I'm a bit confused by exactly what work you've done but what were the test results for the circuit with the fluorescent lights?
Low voltage is one possible cause but if I know the tests you did and the results it will save a lot of guessing.

How are these lights switched? ...and have you noticed anyone with big shoes,a red nose and a very small,poorly assembled car,loitering near the switch? :bow:

ill be honest with you if its switched start florescents then i would be looking to see if your neutral has been connected properly lights going on and off is a classic symptom of missing neutral as its then slapping 400 volts across them

Reply to Lighting Problem in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Has anyone used the Schnider power tags? i have a cunstomer that wants to meter all there A/C units so need to fit metering to a few mcb's/rcbo's...
Replies
Views
90s house electric issues continues 🥲 So after getting some good advice here I've managed to sort out some of the heating issues so thank you...
Replies
Views
I have a baffling problem with a newly-installed PIR floodlight and I'd like advice from the forum as to whether it's defective (and should be...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock