Discuss Megger MIT420/2 unstable continuity readings? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Chaps - having problems with a new Megger MIT420/2 insulation/continuity tester 'oscillating' and failing to give stable resistance readings in continuity mode with some motors (although it did it once on a Cal Card!). I don't think it's a duff unit, but anyone else have one and experienced similar? I've got various Flukes to hand which all measure the coil resistance of these motors swiftly and consistently. Following recent experiences with the AVO835 DMM, I'm just gaining the impression that under certain conditions, the autoranging goes haywire (autoranging doesn't seem to be Megger's forte, it's horribly slow on the multimeter). Normally, when it stabilises, the instrument displays the current at which it's measuring the resistance - when it has these mysterious failures, it just displays zero, like it could be hunting for the appropriate current.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried different test leads?
Yeah it's not the leads. It just looks like the autoranging goes haywire under certain conditions, probably with the test current rattling between a couple of settings. I haven't done a PhD on the manual but it doesn't look like you can set the range manually...

I think I'm right in saying the previous versions of these testers were manual range in continuity mode.

Reply to Megger MIT420/2 unstable continuity readings? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Electrical2Go - Megger MFT Deals! Upgrade your toolkit with our exclusive offer! Purchase any of the Megger advanced multifunction testers –...
Replies
Views
Over the last few days, I have stumbled across a number of threads that seem to point to a prevalent misunderstanding. Either that, or I have been...
Replies
Views
Hi, This is my first post, although I have been browsing the forums for a little while now. I work in BMS and have my AM2 on friday. The nature...
Replies
Views
T
Megger BM401/2 Product Code: BM401/2 Test button located on probe allowing the instrument to be perated manually. Accurate and fast true...
Replies
Views
T

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock