Search the forum,

Discuss Mikes Friday night Politics Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I tend to follow European politics as its these that govern our laws not the puppets in office, regardless of your political views about him and the inhouse press attack on Nigel Farage when you see him in action in the European courts telling it as it is and giving the higheracky a dressing down on his own you got to admit he's got balls.... surprised he hasn't had a hit on him as he's one of Europes biggest headaches at the moment and is becoming more influencial by the day... he don't mince his words when attacking them.

I also have another thing to add about council/social housing being owned by the state and subsidised by the taxpayer.....How is it any different from the taxpayer subsidising private landlords who often have a load of ex council housing stock that they happily rent back to us at a rate that covers their mortgage and gives them a small profit on top ? We are effectively buying a property for people who have enough cash to fund a BTL mortgage.
Also while on the soap box - Is it also not true that currently the taxpayer subsidises almost every single person in the country who has a mortgage ? Do you think the interest rates would be sitting where they are without billions of tax payer cash being ploughed into the system ? Add to that the fact that the BOE has been printing money since 2008 ish.....Making every pound you earn/save worth less and less as time goes on.
But yeah lets get people out of their houses because they have the temerity to not be earning enough to buy.

It's not even getting them out of their houses though Diddy, there are not enough one and two bedroom properties about for everyone who is under occupying to move into so as I said earlier, it's punishing people for being poor which in my opinion is lower than a snakes belly.

Its a poor system where those who did well at school, got a career, a mortgage and a house can be worse off as oppose to those who shunned education, can work but won't work and has the state give them a better house and surplus cash, Im not talking about those from rich families going to private school nor those who go out to work and just get topped up to help them along ..Im talking about the workless baby machines that abuse the system at the cost to every tax payer out there... the whole set up has got out of control and only now is the purse strings been pulled on these people... when you see FB talk about having their job seekers allowance cut and how they might have to give Sky TV up is so annoying yet they drag their kids up curse and swear around promoting the next gen' of lay about lazy gits.

This is about the lay about scroungers not those who genuinely need help.... the old trick of having a kid every 2 yrs can still give some a work free life of handouts because they never cross the barrier to have to go back to work or start work for the first time...

We need to re-educate that benefits are not a way of life but a helping hand and close all the loopholes that allow abuse of the system.

Its a poor system where those who did well at school, got a career, a mortgage and a house can be worse off as oppose to those who shunned education, can work but won't work and has the state give them a better house and surplus cash, Im not talking about those from rich families going to private school nor those who go out to work and just get topped up to help them along ..Im talking about the workless baby machines that abuse the system at the cost to every tax payer out there... the whole set up has got out of control and only now is the purse strings been pulled on these people... when you see FB talk about having their job seekers allowance cut and how they might have to give Sky TV up is so annoying yet they drag their kids up curse and swear around promoting the next gen' of lay about lazy gits.

This is about the lay about scroungers not those who genuinely need help.... the old trick of having a kid every 2 yrs can still give some a work free life of handouts because they never cross the barrier to have to go back to work or start work for the first time...

We need to re-educate that benefits are not a way of life but a helping hand and close all the loopholes that allow abuse of the system.

No we don't buddy. You're looking at it from the wrong way round. We need to change the system so that it actually pays to work. I don't blame the benefits scroungers one jot. Why bother slogging yer guts out stacking shelves all week for less money than you'd get on the rock and roll?!

We need to force companies to pay a living wage, and if they don't like it then close them down! We also need to cap rent on a national scale so that those people working can actually afford to pay the rent through work and have a bit more left over to play with. Rent caps would drive house prices down as a result of the millions of rich landlords selling up, thus making buying a home more affordable. As long as the transition is controlled and the government prevented negative equity by funding guarantees for the banks when the prices fall, we wouldn't suffer one problem. How would we fund this might you ask?? Well after such a transition, housing benefit would as near as makes no difference be a thing of the past. Billions saved right there and at the same time that gulf between the rich and the poor would be made quite a lot smaller almost overnight!

You don't get the poor working by punishing them for not being in work, you get them working by giving them the incentive!

You don't get the rich to pay a living wage by offering them an incentive, you get them to pay a living wage by punishing them if they don't!

It isn't a hard concept really, I'm just amazed at how so many people struggle with the idea! Redistribution of wealth is the only thing that will save this economy.

The DWP has a lot to answer for:

Job Seekers Allowance:

if you've been in regular employment it ceases after 6 months - contribution based

If you've been in and out of work and unemployment you get it paid for "ever" - this is income based.

Tax Credits:

If you are out of work, claiming contributions based JSA, and your partner is working -your tax credit is cut by up to 90%

If you are out of work, claiming income based JSA, and your partner is working - your tax credit is paid 100%

So 2 seemingly "identical" families with the same income can be treated completely differently by the tax credits system.

Remove the differences between how JSA is paid and do the same to tax credits ad I'm 100% certain that many people would suddenly find that work pays.

No we don't buddy. You're looking at it from the wrong way round. We need to change the system so that it actually pays to work. I don't blame the benefits scroungers one jot. Why bother slogging yer guts out stacking shelves all week for less money than you'd get on the rock and roll?!

We need to force companies to pay a living wage, and if they don't like it then close them down! We also need to cap rent on a national scale so that those people working can actually afford to pay the rent through work and have a bit more left over to play with. Rent caps would drive house prices down as a result of the millions of rich landlords selling up, thus making buying a home more affordable. As long as the transition is controlled and the government prevented negative equity by funding guarantees for the banks when the prices fall, we wouldn't suffer one problem. How would we fund this might you ask?? Well after such a transition, housing benefit would as near as makes no difference be a thing of the past. Billions saved right there and at the same time that gulf between the rich and the poor would be made quite a lot smaller almost overnight!

You don't get the poor working by punishing them for not being in work, you get them working by giving them the incentive!

You don't get the rich to pay a living wage by offering them an incentive, you get them to pay a living wage by punishing them if they don't!

It isn't a hard concept really, I'm just amazed at how so many people struggle with the idea! Redistribution of wealth is the only thing that will save this economy.
One thing I'd add to that is we need to start building houses again but not privately owned ones. We need a massive investment in more social housing for a number of reason
1 We don't have enough-this results in private sector rents going through the roof because demand outstrips supply.
2 People will be employed- Obvious, it's a no brainer. They'll then be paying tax and spending which will stimulate demand in other sectors. People buying more need more stuff to buy.
3 It will lower the bill for housing benefit, if demand no longer outstrips supply then prices come down.
The troops are coming home from Afghanistan soon so that's several billion pounds that can be diverted from war to something that will benefit us all.

That Skelton bloke does talk some sense.
But yes as to the charge of being worse off if you stuck in at school blah blah blah.....How are you worse off ? You probably live in a nicer area eat better food go on holiday to better destinations and the chances are your kids will go on to emulate you and also probably attend better schools too.
Also when we talk about the poor we are not solely talking about unemployed ....not even close. We will always need people to do the cleaning up and sweeping up...these people are not beneath any of us they are imho our equal.....but on < v£7 per hour they are not buying there house nor are they going to be eating "good" food ect ect ect. Remember without the cleaner the surgeon can't work and vice versa.
I think it is criminal that someone earning say £15k per year has to subsidise the likes of Tesco/Asda ect to top up the min wages these guys pay. You are not subsidising the workers who are poor REALLY what you are doing is subsidising the shareholders of these multi nationals so that they can continue to pay below par wages. These companies make billions profit per year so do not fall for the line that by putting the shelf stackers wage up that you will in turn have to pay more for your fruit and veg....it would only happen that way if the public allowed it.
Anyway I am off out to a nice barbQ followed by a few beers. Have a great one guys.

In that case why allow unskilled people into the country as they will get a poorly paid job and be stuck on the merry go round of poverty
It is the mind set of the people that make them stay on the dole.
A country years ago said if you have been convicted of three crimes then you will be sterilized as we don't want you having children
The state benefits and nhs are good things it's the people that use and abuse it.

Also the example I gave earlier was hypothetical unfortunately I have a mortgage but if I work really really hard don't eat don't go out then in 19 years it's mine mine I tell you all mine ha he hahaa
Well the wife has a bit a big bit and the kids I suppose

Reply to Mikes Friday night Politics Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back