Discuss Need to Replace Worcester Wireless Digistat Mk1 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Redlander

DIY
Reaction score
I have a Worcester 28CDi combi-boiler witted with a wireless thermostat which has stopped working. The model numbers are: Receiver 7716 192 005, Transmitter 7716 192 004, Complete system 7716 192 006.

The transmitter and the receiver have stopped communicating with each other, so I have investigated replacing the thermostat system. The reply I got from Worcester/Bosch is that the model number of the Mk2 replacement is 7716 192 049. I have found two problems with this:
1. The Mk2 component does not seem to be available online except secondhand on ebay, suggesting it has been discontinued, despite what Worcester tells me.
2. The old and the new receivers seem to have different electrical connectors, as can be seen in these two pictures:
It appears that the Mk2 receiver is not compatible with my existing boiler.

So it appears that Worcester/Bosch's advice is erroneous. Can anybody advise how I can proceed?

Last edited:
One thing I'd like to establish is: supposing that it is just the transmitter that is faulty, if I replaced it with a with a different type of transmitter- either a Worcester one or some other make - would it still work with the existing receiver?
I think a different transmitter is unlikely to work with your existing receiver, though someone here may know if there is a compatible one still available.
The trade seem to advertise a compatible unit, eg:
if you can get the old model on Ebay at a reasonable price, might be worth a punt - eg:

One could in theory replace both tx and rx with any suitable system by rewiring the boiler control connections to an external receiver. An electrical schematic of the boiler would help, but you would need to be confident in what you were doing!

Last edited:

Reply to Need to Replace Worcester Wireless Digistat Mk1 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net